Associate Project Manager
Are you an experienced Associate level Project Manager looking for your next role? Or maybe you're a Senior Project Manager ready to make the jump to Associate? Are you confident in leading a team, running a business and managing key client accounts? Then this opportunity could be perfect for you!
A leading, professional property consultancy is looking for an experienced, dynamic and professional Associate Project Manager to join their well-established team. You will have the opportunity to run a portfolio of projects for a range of key private sector clients. You will have the opportunity to take the next step in your career and have a fast track to Director level.
- Take overall responsibility for the project management of the construction project
- Maintain and enhance relationships with the client, design team, contractors and the general public
- Attend regular client meetings and prepare progress reports for the client
- Manage the cost of construction within the budget allowed and variations agreed with the client. Highlight variations from budget for Client decision
- Understand and lead the design management process to ensure that information is delivered in good time and of sufficiently robust detail to achieve co-ordination and compliance with the specification, building regulations and supplier's standards
- Take a close interest in the drawings and details provided to ensure that they are appropriate and practical to build, and use that knowledge to brief each party as appropriate
- Regularly review the tender programme to ensure it is achievable or modify it by agreement with the Client and Main Contractor to achieve the committed completion date
- Monitor the critical path and key components to ensure timely completion
- Monitor carefully time and cost and report regularly to the Client
- Take a leadership position in respect of site health and safety and commit personal time and effort in supporting and promoting the health and safety programme
- Closely monitor Main Contractor performance in respect of programme, quality and cost and take timely corrective action as necessary.
- Significant Project Management experience (commercial, residential or retail is desirable)
- APM Project Professional Qualification (PPQ) and/or PRINCE2 Practitioner accredited
- Experience of both Public and Private Sector project delivery
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work in close partnership with clients and external consultants
- Eagerness to use your own initiative and ensure work is delivered on time within a quality framework
- Experience of using programming software such as Microsoft Project
- General Microsoft software applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent time management and decision making skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work as part of a disciplined team or on own initiative
Interested? Give Niamh Finnegan a call for a confidential chat 02036800640
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.