Chartered Building Surveyor
Crawford & Company seek a Chartered Building Surveyor to work within the Corporate & Major Incident Team
Location: Glasgow Full-Time, Permanent Position
Global Technical Services (GTS), a division of Crawford & Company, are the market leaders for the handling of large, complex claims providing the highest level of talent assisting all major stakeholders with strategic loss management during the stress of massive claims serving virtually every industry with specialised focus.
The Corporate & Major Incident Team within GTS which handle all major loss material damage and business interruption claims are seeking a Chartered Building Surveyor to join the team located within the Glasgow office. The successful candidate will work with the senior adjusters to provide support and advice on a range of building damage claims.
• Prepare reports commenting in detail on all building and contractual aspects of the claim and produce detailed repair estimates.
• Prepare case management, project and costs plans.
• Visiting sites, interviewing and working with Insurers and Policyholders.
• Instructing and controlling surveyors, engineers and other experts as appropriate.
• Communicating regularly with all interested parties, calculating and approving interim payments, preparing interim reports and other communication.
• Calculating and agreeing settlement of claims, and assisting in the preparation of both interim and final reports.
• Membership of the RICS is essential.
• Advanced knowledge of the latest Building Regulations Health and Safety legislation and building surveying disciplines.
• Be able to provide budget estimates for reinstatement of damaged buildings.
• Must have customer facing communication skills with a positive and proactive approach.
• You must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position.
• In-depth knowledge of building construction, estimating, project control, contact law, CDM, Health & Safety.
• Quality focused role – providing quality service to both internal and external customers.
• Team focused – working with colleagues throughout the business.
• Reactive – responding to daily workloads as dictated by customer requirements.
• Competent use of technology
This is an exciting and excellent opportunity to join the Worlds largest Loss Adjusting Company, you can expect:
• Competitive salary with a generous benefits package.
• Work within an expert team that use real World experience.
CV’s in the first instance to Resourcing at email@example.com