This job is no longer available
The CLA is a pro-active and forward thinking membership based organisation, committed to the positive development of the rural economy.
Reporting to the Director of Policy and Advice this role is a key member of the CLA’s advisory team. As an organisation the CLA advises and represents land owners and we are seeking to appoint a Chief Surveyor to have overall responsibility for the development of the CLA's policies on surveying matters and provision of advice to CLA members on such matters. The person will also lead the Property and Business Policy Team, which is responsible for the CLA's business, planning and housing policy and advice.
The successful candidate, educated to degree level and a member of RICS Rural Faculty, will demonstrate:
• Professional experience as a rural practice surveyor,
• A comprehensive knowledge of rural land management and farming,
• Demonstrate an understanding on the key issues affecting rural land mangers and businesses,
• Ability and confidence to communicate at a high level with a wide range of policy advisers and decision makers both in the UK and EU,
• Ability to discuss matters within the portfolio with members of all segments of the CLA’s membership,
• Ability to not only lead but work as part of a team,
• Ability to make a compelling case both verbally and in writing,
• Self motivation and an ability to work on own initiative.
Please apply in writing, by email, explaining how you meet the criteria for the position together with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrive no later than 9am on Monday 18 June 2012