This job is no longer available
Circa £55k + benefits
Challenge, stability and progression: these influential roles offer rewards that go way beyond an exceptional benefits package. You’ll be joining a high profile, well-structured and dynamic department, helping to oversee an annual spend of some £1.5 billion across a portfolio of exciting capital projects that range from station upgrades to new signalling systems.
A rich heritage with a strong commercial focus and an iconic brand. They all add up to make Transport for London a unique public service and provides a challenging environment to develop your career.
The Commercial Directorate is now building a reputation as an in-house centre of excellence and expertise. With dynamic leadership and a clear sense of direction, this is the ideal place to help drive positive change and take your career to a new level.
Based in a strong, focused commercial team which is committed to forward planning, you’ll oversee the delivery of commercial activities, processes and systems and orchestrate stakeholders to maintain commercial control of programmes and projects. As well as managing the full spectrum of procurement activities, you’ll be responsible for contract administration, cost management and claims management.
What you’ll need
We’re looking for confident, authoritative individuals with the gravitas and credibility to win the immediate respect of stakeholders and suppliers. Your strong business acumen and entrepreneurial flair will be complemented by outstanding people management, communication and analytical skills. Proven ability to plan and deliver cost management to deadlines, manage complex customer and supplier relationships and resolve project delivery issues will be essential. You will also have a detailed knowledge of claims management law, JCT/ICE/NEC forms of contract and PPM methods supported by a CIPS, RICS or equivalent qualification.
Please ensure you submit a CV as part of your application. Your CV should highlight how you possess the relevant Skills, Knowledge and Experience for the role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Knowledge and experience of how the various commercial activities inter relate and are applied on major work streams, projects and programmes.
• Understands and interprets market information appropriately and deploys it effectively in strategy development.
• Able to produce estimates for major schemes appropriate for all design stages, understanding the limitations of each and applicable levels of optimisation bias, risk and contingency and apply cost checks to emerging designs.
• Knowledge of JCT / ICE / NEC forms of contract and their differences, and the ability to manage contract administration, including contract communications, change control, variation/compensation event assessment, valuation/certification; contract remedies and contract close out.
• Knowledge of Construction and Case Law in relation to Claims Management, and ability to undertake analysis of claims
Ability to plan and deliver cost management to meet periodic reporting cycles and ability to maintain deliverables within required timescales.
• Detailed project management knowledge including Programme and Project Management (PPM) methods and practices to manage and resolve threats to delivery.
• Proven experience of managing complex customer and supplier relationships and expectations in a projects environment.
Hold, or be taking professional stage of membership of The Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors, The Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or equivalent professional qualifications.
Excellent benefits include:
• 30 days holiday plus public and bank holidays
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free Tube travel and travel concessions including discounted Eurostar travel
• Performance Related pay
• Private medical insurance
Previous applicants need not apply.
To apply, please visit tfl.gov.uk/jobs ref 002758
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 3rd July 2012.