This job is no longer available
1. JOB PURPOSE
The primary purpose of this post is to take an 'intelligent client' role, responsible for the delivery of the Council's regeneration and development strategy. This will include leading and co-ordinating work across all the Council's service areas to ensure that any long term implementation plans have wide support and integration across Council Directorates.
The post holder will be responsible for leading a multi disciplinary team to develop a variety of complex regeneration projects, both for direct Council schemes and with the private sector. This will involve employing a range of consultants and developing a number of complex regeneration projects.
2. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
a) With the Divisional Director and departmental management team, to ensure the effective and efficient implementation of corporate and service objectives and policies, including financial ones.
b) To assist in ensuring that services within Place and the wider Council are responsive to community needs, and that equalities and health and safety issues are identified and addressed.
c) To contribute to co-operative working across all Council services in accordance with the Council's vision, values and culture. To co-ordinate and contribute to cross-service initiatives as required.
d) To assist in ensuring that effective external and internal working relationships are established and maintained with organisations, agencies, and partnerships, and to manage all external liaison/relationships within the project(s).
e) To develop, maintain and implement effective procurement processes (with other Senior Managers ) relating to regeneration and development project work.
f) To ensure the Team's services are responsive to community needs.
g) To ensure that equal opportunity and health and safety issues are identified and addressed effectively.
h) To promote effective and accessible communication with staff, service users, internal clients, the general public and others as appropriate.
a) To support the Divisional Director with the strategic management of a wide range of mixed-use regeneration and development projects in and around the Bath / North East Somerset Area.
b) To plan and coordinate regeneration programmes, relating mainly to physical regeneration, but taking into account social and economic elements of developmental work.
c) To work with the Divisional Director to appoint external providers, including both consultants and contractors for programmes of work carried out by Bath and North East Somerset Council in line with the Council's standing orders.
d) Liaise with other internal teams and departments to ensure the best interests of the Council are maintained in all ongoing regeneration work.
e) Coordination of project deadlines and budgetary restrictions to ensure work within regeneration programmes is delivered on time and without overspend.
a) Take action for and on behalf of the Divisional Director in all matters relating to ongoing schemes of development and regeneration.
b) Programme Management leadership on delivery of regeneration and development programmes, through coordination of staff internally, diverse groups of stakeholders, including external investors, and multi-disciplinary teams
c) Conduct regular performance assessment of members of the Regeneration and Development team, allowing their continued professional development and improving the capabilities of the team.
d) With the Divisional Director and other senior service managers, contribute to the financial and service planning of the service.
e) To represent the service in cross-service corporate working as requested by the Divisional Director and take action on his behalf in such matters.
3. QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrates management practices and behaviours, as defined in the Council's 'Competency Framework' at the highest level (level 4).
- Educated to degree level and professionally qualified in either:
- Surveying (RICS)
- Planning (RTPI)
- Architecture (RIBA)
- Engineering (MICE)
- Proven success in the management and delivery of mixed-use urban regeneration in a public or private environment.
- Knowledge and experience of regeneration funding from government bodies and external agencies.
- Commercial experience and a clear understanding of developers funding arrangements.
- Proven negotiation skills in previous regeneration schemes
- Practical Regeneration background.
- Excellent management skills, proven in similar assignments.
- Possessing a clear understanding of multi-agency and public/private partnership regeneration schemes, often involving diverse funding streams.
- Ability to build effective teams.
- Experienced in the appointment and management of a variety of consultants.
b) Highly Desirable
- Experience of simultaneously directing and managing programmes of investment.
- An understanding of how to manage and maximise impact of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience of the relationship between diverse facets of regeneration i.e. economic, physical and social.
- Experience of working with public / private investment partnerships.
- Experience of working with or for the public sector, advising stakeholders and elected representatives.
- Knowledge of the principles of sustainable development.