This job is no longer available
A leading property consultancy with a national presence and reputation has instructed Beach Baker to recruit an Associate or Director Level Quantity Surveyor to be based in Leeds.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following attributes and skillset:
- Leading on construction and cost consultancy advice for part built developments;
- Interfacing with the Corporate Recovery (LPA and Fixed Charge Receivers), Valuation and other business units on strategies for a part built developments;
- Working with Corporate Recovery teams providing specialist construction related advice including costs to complete/solutions for part built schemes, preparing completion budgets and funding requirements, considering development related options and associated issues relevant such as statutory compliance, warranties, and design liability etc;
- Meeting with stakeholders such as contractors, designers, local authorities etc to formulate solutions/options for the development;
- Undertaking due diligence exercises on part completed projects prior to a recovery process; and managing the internal team on construction related aspects and providing reporting to stakeholders such as banks and Insolvency Practitioners.
- Manage and undertake regional development monitoring projects originating from our client's national panel status.
- Undertaking the initial development appraisal, risk analysis and cost plan reviews etc for banks/funders;
- Undertaking regular site inspections, attending progress meetings and report to the funder;
- Undertake QS pre and post contract roles for project related work;
- Provide EA, PM, CA services as may be required for project related work;
- Approve valuation and drawdown's for MS roles;
- Ideally a Chartered Quantity Surveyor (MRICS/FRICS) or equivalent;
- Varied post qualification experience in construction sectors including commercial, residential, retail and mixed use schemes;
- Experience in both contractor and PQS roles across a number of project types including new build, refurbishment, fit out to Cat A and Cat B, extensions/alterations, demolition, and changes of use;
- Ability to demonstrate up to date core QS skills such as preparation of estimates, cost plans, budgets, cashflow forecasts, RCAs, interim and final accounts, valuations and payment certificates, provide cost consultancy advice generally and provide commercially driven advice to clients;
- Demonstrate previous team and budget management responsibility;
- Experience in bank monitoring or/and distressed asset management including part built schemes;
- Client facing with good relationship building/networking skills;
- Driven and self starter;
- People thinking about relocating to Yorkshire or surrounding areas are welcomed to apply for this role.
On offer are considerable benefits and an excellent working environment with strong career prospects. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence by Simon Norris. Please call our Leeds office on 0113 367 1280 or alternatively email your CV directly to email@example.com