This job is no longer available
Senior Planner wanted for a multi million pound rail / civil project in Peterborough involving heavy civils and tunnelling works.
A well-known main contractor with offices across the UK, currently has an opening for aCivil / Rail Planner to join their team in Peterborough. The role will be working on a railway station upgrade which will involve tunnelling, civil works, refurbishment.
The successful candidate will be working within an enthusiastic and very personable team, with a manager committed to the development and further training of his staff. The role will involve driving the planning function on these schemes, including creating and updating detailed project programmes using Primavera P6 software, site and office work, liaising with the client and senior management, progress reporting, earned value analysis, etc.
Ideally, our client is seeking someone with the following experience:
- A minimum of 4 years planning experience within the civil / rail sector, ideally with exposure to working for a main contractor.
- Proficiency with Primavera P6 software.
- Exposure to lots of different types of rail projects is desirable.
- Previous site experience would be a major advantage.
- Personable, enthusiastic individual.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
In return, our client is willing to offer a basic salary of up to £55,000 per annum plus:
- Executive car/allowance of circa £5,000 per annum.
- Contributory pension scheme
- 26 days holiday