This job is no longer available
Development Surveyor – London
Circa £30-£35k + full benefits package
The role requires a qualified surveyor with experience of valuation and/or, acquisition and disposal work. This person will assist in providing clear direction and development consultancy advice, guiding clients through appraisal, analysis, strategy and master planning to reveal investment potential and to develop an assessment of financial viability. The role involves drawing together and coordinating advice from other business units across the Firm as necessary.
This individual will assist the team, including Directors and an Associate, in advising public and private clients on how to achieve their aims, whilst at the same time ensuring that their strategy moves forward in both a realistic and responsible manner. They will be involved in both policy making and in development projects from conception through to completion.
- Undertaking appraisals of development sites
- Undertaking Red Book valuations
- Advising Local Authorities, developers and landowners on Affordable Housing and S106 Viability Assessments submitted with planning applications
- Providing advice, appraisals and reports to Local Authorities in support of proposed policies including CIL, Affordable Housing and Site Briefs
- Providing advice on a wide range of areas including the disposal/acquisition of access rights for major new developments, to the sale of single plot housing sites. This may include pre-acquisition/ pre-disposal advice.
- Advising on restrictive covenants, easements and related issues
- Preparing formal reports and valuations endorsing the terms of sale/purchase.
- Liaison with Homes & Communities Agency, Local Authorities, developers, landowners and the general public
The successful candidate will be a Chartered Surveyor. They must possess and/or be able to demonstrate:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Numerate and analytical
- Experience of residual appraisals
- Knowledge of affordable housing
- Strong influencing, persuading and negotiation skills
- Ideally will be a RICS Registered Valuer
- At Least a 2:1 at degree level
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com quoting reference 64057