This job is no longer available
Chartered Quantity Surveyor
Job Code: EM-UK-MANC-P-QS-INT-02
Salary Range: £29,000-£34,000 per year
Job Type: Permanent
Job Status: Full Time
To deliver high quality Quantity Surveying service to our major clients
Due to our continued success, Rider Levett Bucknall is seeking a Chartered Quantity Surveyor to strengthen the team in our Manchester office.
There will be a focus on professional work on a wide variety of selected projects, therefore experience of traditional and design and build procurement, as well as pre and post contract quantity surveying is necessary.
This role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive PQS who can take responsibility for project delivery.
To be considered for this role you must have the following experience:
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or a similar technical discipline
- A minimum of five years technical delivery experience.
- Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Feasibility and cost planning, procurement advice, tender documentation, contract documentation and post contract services
- Previously employed by a consultancy or end user client
- Experience of using JCT2005 is and NEC3
- Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well disciplined and commercially astute.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills
- Developing client accounts and forging new business relationships
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines
- A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable and flexible
- Bills of Quantities experience
- Employers Agent experience
- Ability to identify and develop potential opportunities to secure more business for RLB
Rider Levett Bucknall provides its clients with property and construction consultancy advice at all stages of the property life cycle throughout the Americas, Asia, EMEA and Oceania, with over 2500 people operating from more than 100 offices. Our reputation for providing consistently high levels of consultancy services to our clients rests entirely on our ability to recruit and develop the highest calibre staff.
We are always keen to hear from high calibre candidates and we strive to include people from as many backgrounds and cultures as possible. We need enthusiastic, organised, confident and inspired individuals; those who enjoy developing, communicating and sharing ideas and those who are dedicated to our clients, our mission and our projects.
In the UK we employ over 400 staff in seven offices in Birmingham, Bristol, London, Manchester, Sheffield, Thames Valley and Welwyn Garden City.
For the third year running Rider Levett Bucknall has picked up the No. 1 position in the Daily Telegraph sponsored Britain’s Top Employers (up to 499 staff). This means that we have been benchmarked against other companies in the UK and we’ve been awarded external certification which acknowledges our HR Best Practice. This, together with our achievement of IIP Champion Status, and our fourth successive year with a place in the Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, is a tremendous endorsement for Rider Levett Bucknall.
If you are interested in the above vacancy, please click the ‘APPLY’ button below quoting reference number RICS2012/8. Please include details of your current/previous remuneration package and any additional information in relation to your suitability to this role
Rider Levett Bucknall UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer
NO AGENCIES PLEASE