This job is no longer available
Birmingham & West Midlands
£30,000 to £45,000 + Package
Our client has been in the industry since 1970's, Over 50 years of experience has taken them across the globe from Australia to Asia, Europe and the Americas. They employ more than 17,000 people around the world and manage an extensive portfolio of assets.
With a number of major frame work projects commencing in the summer they are now looking to strengthen their Planning Department with the addition of a Project Planner who will work from the Birmingham office, primarily working within the Ministry of Justice and Ministry of Defence Frameworks.
Construction planners from all backgrounds are invited to apply, and we are especially interested in candidates who have large scale Main Contractor Build Experience, using Primavera P6, Power Project and ASTA.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing an effective and professional planning and programming service for pre-contract and project teams.
This role reports to the Planning Construction Manager.
Lead the generation of programmes (and their re-base lining where required) involving the project team to give understanding, buy-in and commitment.
- Provide coaching to the wider operational teams to enable them to work more effectively and with minimum direct planner support, hence improving overall efficiency
- Act as the lead planner on large projects
- Application of technical & construction knowledge to produce integrated programmes
- Establishment of accurate and up to date programme metrics to define the status of projects across the portfolio
- Worked on tenders in value between £1m - £30m
- Demonstrable previous experience of managing planning teams.
- Thorough knowledge of construction methods and processes
- Experience of using planning and project control processes
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding of Excel and other MS Office packages
- Planning and construction processes and methods
- Strong knowledge and understanding of use of planning tools
- Competent in planning and project control processes
- Understanding and able to recommend methods of construction
- Ability to interpret project documentation
- Ability to work on development, bid and delivery planning
- Demonstrable previous experience of coaching staff
- Tertiary qualifications in building, project or construction management, or equivalent vocational training and experience
- Proficient with Primavera P6
- Proficient in Microsoft Power Project
Excellent package on offer including: