This job is no longer available
Associate Quantity Surveyor - Manchester PQS
We are recruiting on behalf of a large consultancy based in Manchester. They have had continued growth over the last 12 months and as such they are recruiting for an associate - Quantity Surveyor to strengthen the team in their Manchester office.
There will be a focus on professional work on a wide variety of selected projects, therefore experience of traditional and design and build procurement, as well as pre and post contract quantity surveying is necessary.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:-
- Assist Partner in identification of individual key target clients and contacts, including individual turnover and contribution targets for incorporation within business plan.
- Proactively manage Key Account Clients, identifying opportunities to increase revenue and profitability including cross selling to other services or regions.
- Prepare proposals and fee submissions for review by Partner.
- Assist in preparation and delivery of presentations.
- Attend external functions and host internal functions to raise the profile and to generate new contacts.
- Advise Partner of any opportunities for internal or external publicity.
- Assist Partner in development of sector/team business plan, implementation and on-going review.
Deliver technical service to Clients including:
- Management and delivery of all aspects of cost management services.
- Keep up to date with current developments and good practice within the industry.
- Contribute and share ideas which help to develop the quality of their service.
- Champion agreed sector and/or technical specialism.
- Take line management responsibility for other staff as agreed with Partner including carrying out development reviews.
- Undertake development initiatives as agreed to assist in the achievement of both personal and business objectives.
- Actively participate in office "Associates meetings" generating service and business development initiatives.
- Assist Partner with updating of WIP sheets, fee forecasts, fee invoices, technical consultants, purchase orders on a monthly basis, in accordance with company procedures.
- Manage project resources and costs within pre-agreed resource plan.
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or a similar technical discipline.
- Substantial technical delivery experience with some experience working in a similar role.
- MRICS or professionally qualified in another construction related subject (or qualified by experience)
- Feasibility and cost planning, procurement advice, tender documentation and post contract services.
- Previously employed by a consultancy or end user client.
- Ability to identify and develop potential opportunities to secure more business
- Stakeholder management with a clear focus on developing client accounts and forging new business relationships.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.