This job is no longer available
The Technology and Innovation Centre (TIC) revolutionises the way researchers in academia and industry collaborate and innovate together. Researchers, engineers and project managers from academia and industry will work side by side in a state of the art building in the heart of Glasgow.
Developed with industry, for industry, the Technology and Innovation Centre has already attracted major partners including Scottish and Southern Energy, the Weir Group, Scottish Power and other cross-sectoral industrial companies.
At £89 million, the project is the University of Strathclyde’s single biggest investment in its research capacity and this innovative approach has attracted financial backing from Scottish Enterprise and the Scottish Funding Council. This landmark building will house specialist, shared and flexible laboratory facilities, enabling world class researchers to respond to real changes in sectors central to economic regeneration in Scotland and further afield – including power and energy, renewable technologies, photonics and sensors, advanced engineering, pharmaceutical manufacturing and bio-nano systems.
As TIC Project Manager (Facilities Management) you will lead the design, documentation, negotiation and implementation of the Facilities Management Plan (FMP) for the TIC New Build – fixed term to August 2014, with possible extension by consent. Reporting to the Director of Estates Services, you will work closely with Senior Officers, TIC Executive Director, TIC Operations Manager, TIC Project Manager (Infrastructure), Professional Services Directors and all other key internal and external stakeholders.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Project Management of the delivery of the TIC new build Facilities Management Plan (FMP) including option appraisals, appointment and management of consultants as necessary, procurement and contract strategy, administration, costing and budgeting, quality control, risk management, health & safety, statutory consents, internal and external contracts and service commitments, occupancy agreements with tenants/ partners, laboratory managers, business case team, academics, business continuity and integration with other related activities of Estates Services.
- Design an FMP incorporating stakeholder needs, objectives, strategy, organisation, control systems and risks across the building lifecycle ensuring that the FMP is value for money and integrated with wider Estates Services objectives and policies such as space management, maintenance, interior design, signage, building management and operations.
- Design and plan internal and/or external service contracts which are corporate, responsive, economic, efficient, effective and progressive.
- Work closely with all key stakeholders to approve the FMP.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements include:
- Degree or equivalent in appropriate discipline.
- Membership of appropriate professional body and evidence of appropriate CPD.
- Excellent track record in FM leadership, change management and management of complex projects.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering FMP during construction phase.
- Detailed knowledge of FM contracts.
- Good financial management.
- Experience of interacting at senior level with commercial/ private sector organisations.
To apply or receive further information on this post please send your CV (3 pages max) with a covering letter outlining your relevant experience (1 page max) to Iain Atkinson, Associate Director, Hudson to TICPM@hudson.com or contact Iain on 0131 555 9925.
Closing date for applications: 21st September 2012.