This job is no longer available
Commercial Manager – Rail – London
VINCI Construction UK Ltd, a leading UK construction company is seeking an experienced Commercial Manager to join one of our pivotal Rail projects based in Central London.
As a Commercial Manager, you will be reporting to the Senior Commercial Manager and will be pivotal in providing commercial direction to the project team.
You will be responsible for;
- Effectively managing the resources of the project lifecycle in order to ensure it achieves success of the project outcome whilst maximising profit.
- Providing planning, provision and monitoring of commercial support and assurance to the Project Manager and the project delivery team.
- Identifying, managing, reducing and driving out unnecessary costs and inefficient activities
- Maximising cash flow through timely preparation of valuations, submission of invoices and receipt of payments.
- Closing out project efficiently using a high degree of understanding and working knowledge of project close out processes.
- Managing the production of accurate and timely financial forecasts for use in setting targets.
- Demonstrating and maintaining a high level of commercial and technical knowledge and working closely with the delivery team to review techniques and solutions to meet business and customer needs
- Ensuring that the project’s commercial position is protected using in depth understanding and experience of contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes
- Managing prompt preparation and settlement of final accounts, including Compensation Events (variations), claims and disputes.
- Ideally you will hold a degree within a commercial or a quantity surveying discipline or hold equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable experience as a Commercial Manager with experience gained within Civil Engineering.
- Previous demonstrable experience gained within transportation/rail related is desirable alongside experience of working within an LU environment.
- NEC experience is paramount.
- Excellent communication, organisational and team working skills are essential.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to Karina Pattni or contact Karina on 01923 280 904 to discuss further