This job is no longer available
Providing specialist support to the bank on business in the property sector to include valuation guidance, reviewing bank instructions and requested valuation methodology ensuring compliance with professional standards, local practices and CIBC FirstCaribbean’s lending policy for Real Estate and Construction.
Undertaking reviews for completeness and accuracy of external QS / Valuers reports, both specifically on request and through regular sampling, ensuring the delivery of the required level and quality of information resulting in the proper understanding of risk. Assisting in the maintenance of the Bank’s QS / Valuers panel.
To be responsible for the monitoring of property markets for countries within CIBC FirstCaribbean’s regional footprint including formulating and fully maintaining a database on market activities and capturing sales comparable data, modeling transaction and valuation trends by property type and by region.
(Required personal traits, working experience and qualifications)
• Chartered Valuation Surveyor, MRICS or similar; good knowledge of valuation methodology and standards, including extensive experience in the practical application of The Red Book and IVS;
• At least 5 years post qualification experience in the Valuation sector;
• Experience in instructing and managing external property professionals;
• Good communicator, and analytical thinker, ability to use and model data and present findings clearly;
• Proven ability to work with complex qualitative and quantitative data against time timescales
Position reports to: Director, Property Sector
Send Applications to: Peter Beckford
Tel: (246) 367-5961