This job is no longer available
Chartered Surveyors in the Valuation Office Agency (VOA)
We have a significant number of permanent opportunities for RICS Chartered Surveyors in various locations across the UK within our Rating, DVS specialist sector and Statutory Valuation teams.
This is an exciting time for the VOA with growth areas throughout the business to deliver the next revaluation, provide property advice across the public sector, and following successful tenders for new work.
Your excellent knowledge of technical aspects will be matched with your planning, organisational and analytical skills. Successful candidates should possess expertise and knowledge of a range of surveying work.
• Dealing with a large individual caseload – handling routine and complex issues, delivering quality work to deadlines
• Proactively managing professional relationships with clients and agents, developing and maintaining relationships
• Providing technical advice and guidance in related areas of work
• Ensuring quality assurance and timeliness standards are adhered to
• Project planning casework
• Ensuring you posses an awareness of the wider political, economical & social, technical, environmental and legislative agendas that impact on the work area/area of expertise
A full UK driving licence is required. Travel to sites across mainland UK may be required in some roles with overnight stays when necessary. You will also need to have good IT skills.
We provide valuations, professional property advice and services across the public sector and public bodies. One of the largest employers of Chartered Surveyors in the UK, we operate from an extensive network of offices, covering the whole of England, Wales and Scotland. This enables us to undertake the largest national instructions as well as smaller local commissions in a cost-effective way.
For detailed information about these opportunities, and to find out about the benefits we offer in return, and to apply for these opportunities click here. Here you will also find details of who to contact if you have any questions.
The VOA recognises and values the qualities that different people bring to the organisation and we encourage applications from individuals from any background.