This job is no longer available
Property Compliance Manager
What the Property Compliance team is all about
The property compliance team has two key purposes; to develop and maintain a robust and appropriate property related Health and Safety strategy for Direct Line Group and to thereafter ensure that it is fully complied with. Also, to develop and execute an appropriate Corporate Social Responsibility strategy and programme in order to drive the introduction of energy efficient and sustainable solutions into the operation of, and changes to, DLG`s property portfolio.
The primary focus of this role will at all times be that of Health and Safety. The Corporate Social Responsibility remit is to act as a ‘champion for change’. Responsible for the whole DLG property portfolio nationally, the initial focus involves working closely with DLG`s new supply chain in order to ensure they will operate in an appropriate way to safeguard and protect the occupants and users of DLG`s estate and its legal obligations in connection with Health & Safety.
What being a Property Compliance Manager involves:
• Reviewing existing policies and documentation relating to Health & Safety and thereafter maintaining a suite of policies, standards and procedures for the safe operation of property related activities with the DLG estate
• Regularly reviewing and auditing to ensure both statutory compliance and compliance with DLG procedures and policies
• Establishing an appropriate safety reporting and governance structure within Property and FM
• Regular provision of safety reports /MI
• Attending/supporting the DLG Health and Safety forum
• Determining or where required, escalating any issues or risks through defined governance channels
• Acting as SME for all property related Health, Safety and Environmental matters
• Providing leadership and direction across the wider Property and FM team on all Health and Safety requirements – ensuring the team understands its role and that of its supply chain in providing a safe working environment
• Developing and implementing training /awareness programmes to ensure full understanding of roles and responsibilities across PFM or its supply chain
• Identifying and championing achievable sustainability initiatives e.g. energy consumption/cost savings etc
• Managing DLG environmental activities to achieve Corporate Social Responsibility
• Assist in the development of an DLG Corporate Social Responsibility strategy
The successful applicant will be a leader in their field. A strong property management or facilities management, M&E, background is essential. Multi-site exposure with experience of call centre operations is preferred, with an understanding of rapidly changing industry legislation.
• Relevant Health & Safety qualifications essential.
• Current working knowledge of statutory health, safety and fire legislation
• Experience in facilities/real estate safety management
• Awareness of current and proposed environmental legislation and likely future direction
• Project management and change leadership an advantage
• Pragmatic and commercially astute
• Risk Management experience
• Good interpersonal and communications skills
Career benefits and rewards
It all starts with a competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do. We’ve made sure your annual holiday entitlement is attractive too – and what’s more, we let you choose the rewards that suit your lifestyle.
That kind of flexibility is a key feature of our benefits package. And there’s plenty to choose from, including:
o Pension funding of 9% of your base salary – you can choose to contribute less or more than this
o Income protection
o Life assurance
o Private medical cover (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
Who we are
Direct Line Group is a new organisation, with a clear vision: to be the best retail general insurer. We have market leading positions in the UK in personal lines motor and home insurance. We’re home to some of the nation’s best-loved brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag, Tracker and NIG.
To apply please click the apply now button below