This job is no longer available
Following the promotion of the current Managing Partner we have a senior management vacancy in the Birmingham Office and Business Unit, which provides Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying and Project Management services – employing 60 staff with a turnover of £6m per annum.
We have some excellent internal candidates, but for such a senior appointment we are also casting our net into the wider property and construction sector, to ensure that we get the best possible candidate to fill this role.
The role will involve:
- Leading the Rider Levett Bucknall business in Birmingham, managing and delivering the agreed annual and medium term business plan.
- Acting as a figurehead for the development of new business, to champion staff resourcing, development and morale and to drive our commitment to high professional standards, service differentiation and innovation.
- Acting as the Project Partner on a wide variety of projects and to provide effective leadership to the team, to ensure it provides competent, timely and efficient services to our customers.
- Delivering the balanced scorecard of management responsibility.
The candidate will report to the Finance and Operations Director and will sit on the UK Management Board.
This role presents an excellent opportunity for a successful manager to play a strategic role in both a major business unit and the overall direction of RLB UK Limited.
To be considered for this role you must have the following experience:
- Chartered Professional in the Construction and or Property industry
- Successful record in a senior management role, including line-management of senior staff.
- Evidence of maintaining a balanced, properly resourced, developed and motivated workforce.
- Ability to build customer relationships, develop new business opportunities and extend customer base
- Personal stature – ability to influence and contribute at a national level
Operational management including Profit and Loss responsibility and delivering annual and medium term business plans.
- Understanding of business governance
- Successful track record in the delivery of projects
- Understanding of and commitment to implementing the philosophy and culture of Rider Levett Bucknall
- Area of personal expertise – recognised nationally as an expert in a particular field
For a full detailed Job Description and Person Specification, please email Andrea Eniks at email@example.com
Rider Levett Bucknall provides its clients with property and construction consultancy advice at all stages of the property life cycle throughout the Americas, Asia, EMEA and Oceania, with over 2000 people operating from more than 80 offices. Our reputation for providing consistently high levels of consultancy services to our clients rests entirely on our ability to recruit and develop the highest calibre staff.
We are always keen to hear from high calibre candidates and we strive to include people from as many backgrounds and cultures as possible. We need enthusiastic, organised, confident and inspired individuals; those who enjoy developing, communicating and sharing ideas and those who are dedicated to our clients, our mission and our projects.
In the UK we employ over 400 staff in seven different offices in Birmingham, Bristol, London, Manchester, Sheffield, Wokingham and Welwyn Garden City.
For the third year running Rider Levett Bucknall has picked up the No.1 position in the Daily Telegraph sponsored Britain’s Top Employers (up to 499 staff). The means that we have been benchmarked against other companies in the UK and we’ve been awarded external certification which acknowledges our HR Best Practice. This, together with our achievement of IIP Champion Status, and our fourth successive year with a place in the Time Top 100 Companies to Work For, is a tremendous endorsement for Rider Levett Bucknall.
Rider Levett Bucknall UK Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.