What Are the Benefits of RICS Membership?
Over 125,000 professionals worldwide have attained RICS status. RICS not only provides you with a prestigious professional qualification, it also offers you a genuine competitive advantage. There is global demand for our professional credentials underpinned by ethical principles and independent regulation.
Professionals in land, real estate, construction, and infrastructure choose to become RICS qualified for a number of reasons, including personal pride, career development, and to gain a competitive advantage.
Five of the key benefits of RICS membership are:
- Status: Your RICS credentials command respect from clients and peers by demonstrating that you work to the highest professional and ethical standard. The qualification is prestigious and a personal achievement to be proud of.
- Recognition: By promoting the value of RICS standards we aim to ensure that professionalism is embedded in the market, which provides public confidence and drives demand for your services.
- Market advantage: By working to RICS standards you provide unrivalled confidence to the market and gain a competitive advantage.
- Knowledge: RICS provides a range of practice standards, CPD and best practice guidance to help you maintain the highest levels of professionalism and continue to develop your technical and professional knowledge.
- Network: With 118,000 professionals worldwide RICS connects you to other professionals and clients in local and global markets.
The highest standards of excellence and integrity
Professionalism: The market recognises the rigour of our entry standards which require proven levels of knowledge and experience. Once qualified our professionals work to internationally recognised practice standards and their competence is maintained and monitored through CPD. Because we demand the highest standards of RICS professionals our qualifications are seen as the gold standard in land, property, infrastructure and construction.
Regulation: RICS is unique in its regulation of members of the profession in accordance with Rules of Conduct. We also regulate firms to ensure that they work to consistent business standards. In the UK we have 10,000 firms that are ‘Regulated by RICS’. This offers unparalleled quality assurance to the market and ensures that RICS professionals and firms protect themselves and their clients from risk.
Ethics: Behaving ethically is at the heart of what it means to be a professional; it distinguishes professionals from others in the marketplace. RICS is the only professional qualification in the world that formally assesses ethics and continues to assess members throughout their professional life.
A world of opportunity
Competitive advantage: An RICS qualification looks good on your CV. Recruiters and employers demand it.
Professional development: Enhance your career prospects and support your development with RICS CPD and world class training.
Global passport: Our standards and qualifications are recognised worldwide, opening doors to global career opportunities.
Increased earning potential: On average RICS professionals earn 20%* more than their unqualified peers. An RICS qualification also ensures that you can command higher fees from clients.
Risk mitigation: An RICS qualification offers you greater protection against risk of redundancy as employers are increasingly using our accreditation to benchmark their people.