Quantity Surveyor - Client Side
A leading central Auckland, multi-national hotel and hospitality business is looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join its team. This is a fascinating role for the fact that it offers an opportunity to work with a seriously successful and highly discerning client but moreover it provides a dynamic and diverse environment in which to ply your trade. You'll work on a range of projects from maintenance upgrades, to small capex fit-outs, to high value/high spec refurbishments, all of which are delivered to a tight time frame.
- To provide cost planning, tender reviews and cost reporting on construction projects.
- This includes estimation, pricing, schedule of quantities, right through to variations and final accounts.
- Liaising with clients, designers, and contractors to ensure projects cost is being managed and within budget.
- Mitigating any risk through sound processes.
- Communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders presenting progress on projects.
To qualify for the role, the candidate will have as follows:
- Tertiary qualification related to quantity surveying and/or construction.
- Previous commercial/retail quantity surveying experience either within a consultancy or contractor environment.
- Full pre and post contract cost management skill set that runs from feasibility stages through to completed project and turn-key handover.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Complete comfort interfacing and managing all stakeholders including internal clients, contractors and consultancy partners
It's not often that Quantity Surveyor positions with a leading New Zealand business get made available. This is one such opportunity though. If you back your skills and want to put them to the test in a fast paced, mentally engaging project environment this is definitely a role that you need to look seriously at.
There is an excellent salary package on offer which includes a bonus scheme and a few wee extras that make this a very attractive proposition.
The hiring need is immediate so please apply with your CV attached to enable consideration.