Investment Analyst, boutique private equity firm, pan-European/opportunistic fund - London
My client invests in a diverse pipeline of retail assets across Western, Central and Eastern Europe, with a transaction values ranging anywhere from €10 million to €900 million.
The firm focuses on a varied combination of high quality and large-scale assets including trophy assets in many international cities.
They are now looking for an Analyst who can demonstrate exceptional modeling-cashflow skills. The successful candidate will be involved in the execution of deals which will deploy around EUR 1.5 billion of capital across Europe, over the next 12 months.
You will sit in our client’s investment team and will work hand in hand with Asset Managers, gaining invaluable experience of deal sourcing, originating, underwriting and executing transactions. You will be given your own model which you will build from scratch and take responsibility for that model through the whole transaction process, meaning you will be able to see projects through from inception to completion.
You will be involved in:
- Financial modeling in Excel for transactional opportunities
- Due diligence process (including real estate valuation, legal and financial due diligence)
- Visiting potential sites for acquisition across Europe
- Preparing business plans and assisting the management team in executing them
- Preparing investment memoranda on investment opportunities and presenting your findings to colleagues and investors
- Portfolio analysis and monitoring of the fund
- Highly numerical with the ability to build cashflows from scratch in Excel essential
- Ideally some knowledge of retail assets however this is not essential
- Excellent written English
- Superb attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Ability to show initiative and persistence
- Highly organised with excellent communication skills
- A fun, bright personality and a sense of humor
- Able to identify new and creative ideas for how to improve the running of the fund or the business generally
You will have a broad understanding of economics and corporate finance, experience of developing financial models for real estate assets from scratch and an interest in real estate private equity. A good business-level ability to speak a European language would be preferable however this is not essential.
Progression prospects are excellent as the firm is still young and growing. This is a fun, vibrant and culturally diverse team with many nationalities who enjoy the most sophisticated of offices in one of the most sought-after locations of London. Their ethos is hard-working yet informal and relaxed and work/life balance is highly regarded. This is a career defining role for the right individual and a rare opportunity not to be missed.