Senior Rural Surveyor
Senior Rural Estate Surveyor - £37,527 + excellent pension and benefits
Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique.
DIO is part of the Ministry of Defence (MOD). We play a vital role in supporting Defence by leading and managing the delivery of what the Armed Forces need to live, work, train and deploy on operations. Our people share the common goal of supporting our Armed Forces through management of the military estate.
Part of the Asset Strategy and Portfolio Directorate, which leads all strategic asset management and disposals activities, the Land Management Services (LMS) team underpin MOD’s operational capability by delivering a comprehensive, strategic and varied estate surveying service in support of Military outputs, delivering to all areas of the unique defence estate (UK and Overseas).
With a UK Estate of some 240,000 Hectares and over 4,000 separate sites ,our people lead in equipping Defence with a significantly smaller more efficient ,better quality estate.
Acting as: Landlord; Tenant; Vendor; Purchaser; Landowner; Client; and Adviser – variety is certain.
To help achieve our objective of equipping Defence with a smaller, more efficient and better quality estate we are seeking motivated and suitably qualified Rural Senior Estates Surveyor to join our established team within our Land Management Services network. As a customer focused and experienced property professional and team leader you will deliver challenging and varied estate surveying programmes and services for the MOD. Supporting the principal Estate Surveyor you will be responsible for delivering challenging and varied primarily but not exclusivly Rural estate surveying outputs primarily in Kent and sussex with wider uk responsibilities as required. Leadership and development of your team will be essential.
Some of the benefits to working for DIO include:
· Professional and Personal Development of skills
· Flexi-time scheme upon completion of 6 months service
· Alternative working practices
· 25 days paid annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service
· In addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queen’s birthday
· Generous maternity and paternity package
· Highly competitive pension scheme
· Most sites have good travel links with free car parking; many also have other facilities such as a Sports & Social Club, Gym and / or site shops
If you are interested in this role please click the apply button below.