Client-Side Project Manager
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join the internal Project, Development team of an important Property Development Company. As a Project Manager you will have the ability to work on one of the most high profile Residential led Mixed-Use schemes in Central London.
Our client is a well-established Property Development Company which has a strong track record of delivering exceptional schemes across London.
Due to a growing pipeline of work they have asked us identify high potential Project Managers to join their internal delivery team.
As Key member of the Project Team, your role will include the managing and monitoring of the external consultant teams; contractors and subcontractors as necessary to facilitate the delivery of our developments.
- Ensure that instructions and objectives outlined by the Project Director are followed at all times;
- Communicate information clearly and confidently and cope well whilst working to tight deadlines and under pressure;
- Exercise professional judgement to resolve development problems during planning, design management, construction and after-sale care;
- Build and maintain constructive working relationships with all team members (internal and external);
- Regularly report and provide support to the Project Director/Senior Project Manager/Senior Construction Manager on all project related matters;
- Liaise with key Stakeholders, including company's Head office, internal departments, councils, local community, building control and external consultants and contractors;
- Prepare and assist with the production of recommendations, memos and reports as directed by the Senior Project Manager/Project Director;
- Manage the design team throughout planning, design, building control and construction processes from inception through to completion;
- Assist the team with the production and management of design and delivery programmes to meet the contract procurement objectives and milestones associated with the delivery of the scheme;
- Develop and manage the design team risk register to ensure that the project risks are appropriately managed and a means of mitigation are established, agreed and implemented;
- Review and monitor the design team and contractor information to ensure that it meets with the company's requirements in terms of content and completeness;
Monitor and review the contractor H&S documentation and performance on site;
- Review and monitor the contractor construction programmes and methodologies to ensure they comply with the contract requirements;
- Manage and work with the internal design team and contractors to ensure quality and project information is issued in a timely and complete format and that all relative planning conditions and regulatory matters are complied with.
The ideal candidate is an experienced project manager with a strong design management background. We are looking for someone with relative sector qualification (MRICS, MCIOB, RIBA, MAPM, etc). Previous experience working for a property development company or for a building consultancy firm is ideal.
Competitive salary and good benefits/bonus package.