Extraordinary Quantity Surveyor Wanted!
ARKHIconstruction Ltd is a high quality architectural design and build company based in Congleton. We specialise in designing and building domestic and commercial property to the very highest level. We were founded 2010 and have experienced rapid growth over the last 6 years.
Due to business expansion we are currently seeking to recruit a Chartered Quantity Surveyor \ Estimator. The successful person will be expected to work on various contracts around Cheshire and South Manchester, and be based in our offices in Congleton.
The hours of work will be dependant on the successful applicant. Our normal working day is 8.30am to 5pm with half an hour for lunch.
The salary will be dependent on experience.
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will initially be responsible for working and supervising on building and refurbishment projects up to £1 million in value.
The company take a more personal approach and take the time to develop close relationships with their clients and also have a reputation for being very thorough in their works and ensuring quality, it is therefore essential that the Quantity Surveyor incorporates these values
The ideal candidate will be a qualified Chartered Quantity Surveyor and you may have a background in project estimating with Project Management experience. You may also have had previous experience and good general knowledge within domestic and commercial construction sectors mentioned above.
The successful candidate will need the following key skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills to liaise and work with clients.
- Good communication skills with the ability to liaise with Working Foremen, tradesmen and subcontractors on site.
- Ability to communicate and work to deadlines for each part of the project build.
- Ability to monitor and improve the construction process on site, to reduce waste and save costs.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings.
- ●Full project pricing, including summarised client version and full construction breakdown.
- The generation of tender packages, and the subsequent ordering of materials and labour for each project.
- The ability to work to a project budget and highlight any variance to budget during the project.
- The ability to value the current work on the project and produce a project stage valuation for invoicing to the client.
- Sourcing and procuring of materials at best price.
Non-extraordinary people need not apply!
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the right to live and work in the UK
Candidates will also need to attend an interview in person in Cheshire
To apply for this vacancy please email your CV along with a brief letter of introduction via the apply button below or directly to Andrew Roberts, Financial Director at email@example.com with “Application for the QS Vacancy” in the subject line.