Regional Senior Surveyor
Regional Senior Surveyor - Electricity Transmission
Salary: £46k - £55k
Benefits: Company Car, Pension Scheme, Bonus Potential, Share Scheme, Flexible Benefits
Location: Carrington, Manchester
Role Closes: 26th April
National Grid is at the heart of energy in the UK. The electricity and gas we provide gets the nation to work, powers schools and lights everyone’s way home. Our energy network connects the nation, so it’s essential that it’s continually evolving, advancing and improving. That’s why we need the very best people to join the team. And that’s why we’re talking to you.
The regional land teams are responsible for all lands activities on National Grids electricity and gas transmission.
With over 15,000kM of high voltage electricity transmission lines and 6,800 kM of high pressure gas transmission pipeline, you will be responsible for maintaining and building relationships with our grantors, landowners and other third parties to ensure National Grid can continue to operate, maintain and improve its network within the region.
About the role
- Manage the acquisition of high value land rights to ensure projects are achieved to time and cost
- Manage the resolution of high value compensation claims with land-owners, including damage, drainage, injurious affection, crop loss as well as loss of development and mineral claims associated with National grids assets and work.
- Provide expert advice to National Grid delivery organizations in respect of operational property issues
- Take a National Lead on ensuring specific Land policies are implemented consistently and effectively across the Lands regions and National Grid delivery vehicles in relation to the acquisition of land and land rights, property and legal challenges in relation to the protection and installation of National Grid assets.
- Previous extensive experience in a similar role, requiring business acumen, project management and stakeholder management skills.
- Understanding of land management, rights, consents and negotiations of the same
- MRICS or equivalent, or higher
- Proven track record in leading professional teams demonstrating cross-team and cross business collaboration
Who we are
At National Grid, we don’t just ask our people to deliver to the highest standards. We also support them to be the best they can be. Accredited training programmes and personal development courses are a part of life here. We value and encourage diversity of thought, whatever your background. By creating an inclusive, switched-on workforce, we drive performance and deliver excellence, which is exactly what we need to achieve our vision of creating sustainable energy solutions, for today and tomorrow.
If you are interested in this role please click the apply button below.