Land and Planning Consents Officer
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our gas engineering business, for a Land Planning and Consents Officer to join the programming team in Slough. You will undertake Planning and Consents associated with the design and construction for below and above ground gas assets throughout North London and the East of England Network.
tRIIO specialise in delivering the design and contracting services for the UK’s gas distribution network and providing the best possible service to our customers. Working in partnership with Cadent (formally National Grid) to improve the supply of gas to millions of people living and working in North London and the East of England.
tRIIO is a joint venture organisation, owned by Morrison Utility Services and Skanska UK. Applying for this position could lead to employment within either parent company.
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Company Car
- 28 days holiday
- Competitive Pension
- Leaders in people development
- Access to training and qualifications
- Manage and undertake planning applications/Consents for the construction of above and below ground pipework and gas assets.
- Provide support and land agency services in conjunction with the clients own land and development team for the delivery of replacement, reinforcement schemes, planned and emergency diversions.
- Manage the interface between tRIIO design/delivery teams and external consultants.
- Assist with the preparation of designs and coordination of production information with land and planning requirements.
- Prepare and manage temporary occupation licences for sites, acquisition of easements for new/diverted assets.
- Work with a variety of consultants to acquire crossings e.g. British Waterways, Environment agency, Network Rail.
- Provide support to Gas Delivery teams on complex Engineering project regarding the management of statutory stakeholders, undertakers and private landowners.
- Ensure that all works are carried out in a planned, controlled and safe manner.
- Ensure that health, safety and environmental matters are regularly checked and are being attended to properly.
- Working closely with the commercial, design and area delivery managers to ensure that all projects are appropriately assessed, designed, resourced and scheduled.
We're looking for
- Achieved or working towards either Assoc RICS or MRICS status.
- A minimum of 4 years post qualification experience, some of which should have been gained working in a similar sector of the utilities industry.
- A detailed understanding of legal requirements associated with planning and consents for working in areas of private land and buildings.
- Experienced and competent in producing business case reports for project approval.
- Good commercial awareness and knowledge of contract conditions.
- Experience of managing relationships with both internal and external interfaces.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills Experience in producing commercial business case papers for high value project approval.
- A Good Understanding of the RIIO regulatory framework.
If you are interested in this role please send your CV via the application link below.
Apply for Land and Planning Consents Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly