IRC46198 - Building Surveyor
Salary: 35,000 pa
Fixed Term f/t (12 mo)
Bury St Edmunds
Ends: May 21st
We are looking for a Building Surveyor to bring technical excellence to the maintenance and conservation of property portfolios in Norfolk. The role will be based primarily at Blickling Hall and will focus on the delivery of maintenance, conservation backlog, building services, visitor infrastructure and residential property refurbishment. There may be some small to medium sized project work to undertake, depending on skills and experience.
What it's like to work here
The National Trust Consultancy is the home to specialists in every field of our work. A national consultancy, where resources are shared across disciplines and boundaries, it’s proving to be a great repository of skills, talent and experience. The diversity and quality of expertise within the Consultancy will enable our properties and places to benefit from an extraordinary range of creative and innovative thinking, as well as deep expertise in all matters relating to our twin purpose of caring for the nation’s heritage and landscapes, and making these accessible to all.
What you'll be doing
You'll be responsible for a portfolio of work that is varied and always interesting. Primarily you'll focus on managing small to medium sized projects to deliver conservation backlog, building services, visitor infrastructure and residential property refurbishment. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a multi-disciplinary team of conservation experts within the heritage sector. You will have strong knowledge of building conservation, asset management, contract management, procurement, maintenance and repair, experience of managing and delivering minor projects in a multi-disciplinary environment, a clear client focus and the ability to work and manage your time across several properties.
We’ll support you to continuously develop your skills, get involved in exciting projects and build a rewarding career at the National Trust.
Who we're looking for
You will need to have:
- You’ll have a current RICS or CIOB membership
- A passion for building surveying within a heritage and conservation organisation
- Robust knowledge of building conservation, from asset management to contract management, procurement, to maintenance and repair
- Experience of delivering projects in a multi-disciplinary environment
- A clear client focus and excellent client relationship management skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- The ability to work and effectively manage your time across several properties
Salary £31,000 - £35,000 dependent on experience.
Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking