Quantity Surveyor - Global Travel
- Quantity Surveyor
- Up to £55,000 + £4,500 car allowance
- International travel
- Midhurst, West Sussex
An exciting opportunity to join a unique company as a Quantity Surveyor, working alongside a friendly team on a diverse workload in the South of England and overseas. Great progression opportunities within a team environment.
Supplying turn-key solutions to a wide range of clients and market sectors across the UK, this rapidly growing building services company prides itself on being a trusted partner to it’s clients, delivering exceptional service and value to maintain long term relationships.
With 7 offices across the UK, Midhurst is their head office and houses a team of 15 professionals across Quantity Surveying, Project Management and Contracts Management. The team that is currently recruiting has 2 key clients in the University of Southampton and The Foreign Office (worldwide), along with a number of long term clients in the insurance world.
The Foreign Office work ensures overseas travel and exciting projects across the world, from roof repairs and security system overhauls in Dakar to blast proof windows and large civils projects in South Korea. The work is exciting, challenging and diverse, offering a much broader scope of work than many other companies. Instructions range from £10,000 to £3million and no job is the same.
The company itself is a dynamic and friendly workplace with a real team atmosphere, in a relaxed yet professional work environment. Everyone is important and there is a friendly can-do attitude across the motivated workforce, ensuring that everyone pulls together and they don’t have a blame culture.
With growth continuing across all offices this client is now recruiting for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their head office in Midhurst, West Sussex.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Roles and responsibilities will include but are not limited to: –
- To agree terms and conditions of subcontractors and incorporate within documentation to forward direct to subcontractor
- To coordinate and manage the selection of subcontractors (working closely with the Project Manager) for tender enquiries ensuring that a balanced range is chosen capable of delivering the required price, quality and duration
- To coordinate subcontractor tender responses and provide full comparisons of all quotes vs. the tender allowances, showing a best price, further negotiation to provide the best possible price and the buy-in of the operations team
- To place and coordinate the placement by others of subcontractor orders to an agreed set of terms and actively participate in engaging the subcontractor in the pre-contract handover with the operations team
- To produce or have produced valuation breakdowns in an agreed format to maximise cash flow and to keep the Accounts Department informed at all times
- To be responsible for chasing valuations, certificates, invoices and cash from clients to hit the required cash flow targets
- To ensure that all variations are produced and claimed, including other formal records for extra works and to maximise the evaluation of these
- To ensure that all appropriate Certificates of Practical and Partial Completion are timely collected and utilised in releasing retentions
- To present the final account as soon as possible after practical completion and present financial appraisals continually as the works progress always driving to maximise the rightful valuation of the works
- To coordinate and produce claims for accelerations, loss and expense as required for submission when required
- To own the project profitability whether involved directly or through a direct line report
- Take ownership for contractual issues that may arise both directly and through direct line reports
- The successful applicant will hold a relevant qualification in Quantity Surveying or similar technical discipline
- Post Qualification experience from 4+ years
- Able to travel to globally an average of once a month
- You will have experience across general construction projects, preferably in a number of sectors
- You will ideally have NEC contract experience but this is not essential
- You will ideally have experience in estimating
- Ability to run a number of projects of different scopes and sizes
- On selection you would have to pass SC security clearance and a safe+ training course, ensuring that you are capable of working alongside close protection teams
Salary & Package:
Our client is offering a salary of Up to £55,000 + £4,500 car allowance, dependent on experience.
As well as offering a broad range of work, international travel and a great team environment, they are a friendly and motivated company who treat staff like adults. It is not a 9-5 mon-fri job and they are not a company of clock watchers. Hard work is rewarded.
For further information please contact HD Surveyors in the strictest confidence: -
Call Roger Dunning - 07769 551846 / 01243 933263
Email Roger Dunning - email@example.com
Or apply below