Assets and Information Manager
Assets and Information Manager
Estates and Facilities Ref: SD01136
Salary : £39,324 to £46,924 per annum (pro-rata if part time) together with USS pension benefits, if required
This is a new role within the Directorate of Estates & Facilities Management. The Senior Manager will lead the Assets & Information Management team and be responsible for the effective management of all property related information system and data including leases, record drawing, building management information and systems and contract documentation.
You will be a qualified property professionally [MRICS or equivalent] with significant experience in client-side property and information management systems and practices. Your main duties and responsibilities are:
- Contribute to resource planning and likely future requirements for staff, systems, and general resources needed to support Directorate activities working with other areas of the Directorate and the University as appropriate.
- Motivate, lead and manage all direct line reports and other staff where required, allocating responsibilities, work planning and managing performance. Provide general guidance, coaching and support, developing their skills, knowledge and understanding. Carry out regular appraisals, setting objectives, giving feedback and ensuring that targets are met.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Directorate team to ensure that staff are clear about their role and responsibilities and that they are deployed and developed to enable them to meet changing business objectives and targets.
- To be the owner for the Estates property assets and building management information.
- To maintain and develop the management information systems including CAFM, BIM, AutoCAD
- To develop space strategies for the University that meets customer requirements.
- To develop and implement management information strategies for property and premises
- To manage space that meet defined client brief or exploring estates development/optimisation.
- Assist in delivery high levels of customer care and progress feedback to clients.
- Undertake customer consultation, need development and data capture for the provision of effective management information
- Lead on space feasibilities and scenario planning with regards to future estates developments.
- Take responsibility for the collection and submission of estate related data to external bodies i.e. HESA
- To engage fully with the University’s Performance Enabling and Welsh Language policies.
- To promote equality and diversity in working practices and to maintain positive working relationships.
- To conduct the job role and all activities in accordance with safety, health and sustainability policies and management systems, in order to reduce risks and impacts arising from the work activity.
- To ensure that risk management is an integral part of any decision making process, by ensuring compliance with the University’s Risk Management Policy.
- Any other duties as required by your line manager.
For further information please see full details on our website:
To apply please click "apply" below.
Closing date is 13/08/2017
We are an equal opportunity employer aiming for diversity in our workforce.