£51,512 to £56,516
37 hours per week
Based at the Guildhall, Bath
Commercial Manager -
We are seeking an experienced Commercial Manager to join our successful Project Delivery team to assist in the management an ongoing capital programme of circa £50m per year, representing the Council as intelligent client across a wide range of development projects.
The authority owns approximately 1,200 property assets including over 400 listed structures with a current capital value of more than £500m and has a rolling programme of capital and maintenance work on a range of unique and challenging projects.
The successful candidate will lead the Commercial Management function within the Project Delivery team including the preparation and management of frameworks, term contracts and capital works contract, and will providing advice and support to other members of the Property and Project Delivery team as well as other departments involved in the commissioning and management of major regeneration and development schemes.
The postholder will be expected to:
- develop, maintain and implement effective procurement processes in line with National, International and Local policies
- procure, appoint, manage and control external consultants and contractors for a range of project values
- develop, procure, implement and maintain framework agreements and term contracts
- Develop and maintain commercial reporting functions at a programme level
- provide precise Contract and Commercial advise
- lead and influence both internal and external Project Directors and Project Managers on specific tasks
- Advise on developments up to ~ £25m in value delivery directly by the authority as well as through public/private sector JV arrangements.
- be directly accountable for commercial aspects of a portfolio of construction projects up to £50m
- provide timely, accurate and comprehensive financial reporting
- implement Council policies and the achievement of the Council’s objectives, including delivery of Value for Money
This is a challenging role that will require an individual with exceptional people skills who can demonstrate:
- Education to degree level in a relevant subject e.g. Quantity Surveying
- Minimum 10 years post qualification experience of delivering significant and high profile capital projects including private residential
- Experience of managing large, complex, multi-stakeholder projects
- Significant experience of managing large budgets.
- Practical knowledge of project management tools and systems
- Sound commercial management skills and understanding of the standard form of Construction Contracts
- Experience of managing a procurement process that complies with Public Procurement regulations and OJEU rules
- Excellent communication, literacy, numeracy and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in the use and application of standard MS products and management tools (such as MS-Project, PMW etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of large organisations and the issues they face
- Working understanding of the NEC form of contract
- Experience of managing projects under NEC form of contract
- Knowledge and experience of the development of relevant Project Management System/s
- Ability to persuade, influence and negotiate with others at all levels of the organisation and stakeholders.
To apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.
Alternatively, telephone 01225 396409 (24 hours), quoting the reference number and job title for a paper application pack. Please note we do not accept CV’s.
Closing date: 5th October 2017.