Technical Officer Ref: TO 4.10.17
Hours: 37 hours per week Contract Type: Permanent
This role will be based in our head office in Euston with travel required to all our sites across North London and Hertfordshire.
Origin Housing is a provider of affordable housing and care and support services in London and Hertfordshire. We own and manage over 6,000 homes and customers, have a turnover of over £45 million and aim to provide great homes and build strong communities.
Our Property Maintenance team have a vacancy for a Technical Officer. Reporting into the Senior Building Surveyor the purpose of the role is to deliver maintenance services to buildings in a way that is customer focused and offers value for money.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- HNC in building studies or equivalent trade or have extensive relevant experience in the field.
- Up to date knowledge of Health & Safety and other legislation relevant to the role.
- Knowledge of contract management.
- Understanding of building construction and maintenance related contracts
- Working at heights and Asbestos awareness trained – Desirable
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work essential.
- Experience of working in a customer focused role in a similar environment.
- Managing the delivery of responsive repairs in residential properties.
- Working knowledge of Schedule of Rates and other methods of measurement.
- Experience of defect diagnosis on residential buildings and managing repairs to rectify the defects.
- Experience and skills managing customer and client/stakeholder relationships to ensure a high level of customer care and satisfaction.
To apply for this role, please visit www.originhousing.org.uk and complete an online application form ensuring that you address all of the key requirements within the role profile, including relevant examples of how you have met them. Try to contain this information to no more than two pages to be considered for an interview.
This role is also subject to a satisfactory DBS check
In return Origin Housing offers a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits, including
• generous annual leave,
• flexible working hours,
• cycle to work scheme,
• a contributory pension,
• discounted health scheme
• childcare voucher scheme.
And many more.
Origin is committed to equality and diversity and values the diversity of the communities we work in. We aim to have a workforce that reflects this and therefore encourage applications from all areas of the community.
Closing date: 29/10/2017
Interview and assessment date: Week commencing 13th November 2017