Commercial Property Management Surveyor
Commercial Property Management Surveyor – Full-Time (Monday to Friday)
Competitive salary, plus a company vehicle will be made available for business use.
Reporting to the Property Department this post is a key part of the Estate Management team and will involve the management of a small maintenance and administrative team.
Specific duties will include:
- Leading the management, maintenance and letting of a diverse multi-let commercial and industrial property portfolio owned by The Welbeck Estates Company Limited and Bolsover Properties Limited and located in North Nottinghamshire and North East Derbyshire.
- Management of marketing, lease negotiations, rent reviews, debt control and liaison over maintenance and improvement projects.
- Identifying and pursuing opportunities for revenue growth and portfolio expansion.
- Management of maintenance, repair and property improvements.
- Maintaining regular dialogue with tenants and contractors, getting ‘out and about’ meeting tenants and undertaking regular property inspections.
- Preparation of draft budgets and ensuring finalised budgets are achieved.
- Dealing with insurance claims, maintenance of insurance schedules, dealing with recharges etc.
- Responsibility for the implementation of Health & Safety Policy on the relevant properties/sites.
- To undertake other reasonable duties as required from time to time.
The successful candidate should have a relevant degree or other property oriented qualification and significant practical experience in surveying, property management or another related discipline. A professional qualification accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), or other appropriate body would be advantageous but is not essential.
Skills and qualities required:
- Good analytical skills
- Good IT skills
- Excellent communication skills for dealing with people at all levels
- A diplomatic approach and good negotiating skills
- Good project management skills
- A good understanding of the management of commercial property including landlord and tenant matters
- A sound knowledge of UK and EU legislation impacting on commercial and industrial property ownership
- Ability to work within a small team, get on with colleagues but be energetic, self-motivated and able to take initiative
If you would like to apply for this vacancy please apply, stating your salary expectations to:
Welbeck Estates Company Limited
Closing date: Thursday 30th November 2017