2 days left
- Job Position
RSK Environment Ltd, a part of RSK Group Limited, is looking for a high-calibre project Quantity Surveyor to join RSK’s growing Environment and Planning division team in the West Midlands. The successful candidate will be a key member of the core management team on high profile energy and transport infrastructure projects such as HS2 and electricity transmission lines, where RSK is providing consultancy and allied technical services. The role can be based at either of RSK’s Coventry or Wolverhampton offices but will also require regular working in Birmingham city centre.
The RSK Group is a dynamic, multidisciplinary environmental and engineering consultancy and services provider servicing a wide range of commercial, energy, government, property, transport and utilities clients. Since 1989, our philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and retain talented people. Working for RSK is an opportunity to evolve as a professional, to innovate and to make a difference.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been consistently placed within the top 10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst) for many years and winning The Queen’s Award for Enterprise: International Trade in 2016, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
QUANTITY SURVEYOR– West Midlands
Reporting to the Divisional Managing Director, the job role will require you to:
- Provide day-to-day advice on commercial aspects of NEC3 forms of contract and other industry-standard and bespoke contracts
- Provide commercial input to fee quotations and tenders, including for Compensation Events
- Provide input to risk profiling and management on projects
- Prepare periodic cost and value reports, applications for payment/invoices, forecasts and cash-flow information
- Monitor and reconcile costs, including between RSK’s partners in joint ventures
- Help negotiate and place subcontract orders with suppliers
- Maintain effective communications with contracts managers, project management and other colleagues
- Provide commercial input to contacts with client's representatives
- Assist in drafting and promote usage of commercial procedures
- Prepare and help negotiate final accounts.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate significant experience working as a QS within the UK construction industry either as a contractor or consultant. The role is likely to evolve and develop to suit the requirements of the team and the strengths of the individual employed. As an organisation we are able to offer both in-house training and support from experienced colleagues and encouragement to take relevant vocational courses as appropriate.
- BSc Quantity Surveying or other relevant first degree
- Ideally RICS Chartered or working through APC
- Excellent literacy and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines including time management and scheduling
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- Experience of document control
- Excellent level of computer literacy (Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, Primavera and PowerPoint).
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- Regular training and career development
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
For more information please call Sarah Murphy, HR Manager on 0117 300 4295
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Apply for Quantity Suveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly