The purpose of the role is to undertake rural, compensation and compulsory work. In particular delivery of contract work to Transport and Utility clients’ in a reliable and cost efficient manner, including nationally significant intrastructure projects as well as minor gas, water, electricity, road (national and local authority) and rail jobs, ensuring appropriate fee income to the business.
To develop work from new and existing sector client contacts, in association with other Team colleagues and BK Offices regionally.
Projects to be undertaken will range in location across the South West of the country, and other locations as they arise.
The job will ideally require someone who is able to demonstrate at least 2 years post qualification experience in undertaking rural and land rights related work within the utilities sector. We are interested in candidates with a rural or commercial background.
Formal qualification to degree level that is accredited by the RICS and/or qualified as a Technical or Member of the RICS.
- Self-starter with good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with colleagues and clients.
- The ability to work in an organised and methodical fashion, with a high level of attention to detail.
- The ability to manage time effectively, prioritising tasks to ensure that deadlines are met.
- A willingness to be part of a team and to interact with other professional staff.
- The ability to learn new skills and working methods and be adaptable to change.
- The ability to accept responsibility and, within parameters defined by the immediate performance manager, work on their own initiative.
- A willingness to undertake business development.
- A proactive approach to work.
- The ability to produce clear and concise written reports and recommendations.
- A good working knowledge of IT is essential, in particular a familiarity with and understanding of the Microsoft Office packages and preferably good keyboard skills
- Fee Earner – maximise fee income.
- Client Manager - develop client management.
- Ensure delivery of service.
- To manage the utilisation of time for the team’s benefit. Maximising efficiency and optimising the profitability of work for the team.
- To deliver agreed budgets and targets.
- To deal with clients to a higher standard whilst retaining job profitability.
- Negotiate compensation in accordance with clients instructions.
- Procurement of new work instructions wherever possible.
- Assist in the delivery of agreed budgets and be responsible for managing own performance whilst exceeding in core technical skills.
- To attend training sessions and team meetings.
- To provide support to other offices as directed.