Senior Building Surveyor
Senior Building Surveyor
Competitive Salary + Benefits
- Receiving Client instructions and agreeing fee proposals for various projects and professional surveying instructions in conjunction with group leaders.
- Surveying and reporting on both commercial and residential properties. This includes building surveys, defect investigation reports, schedules of conditions and planned maintenance surveys
- Dilapidations, including surveys, preparation of schedules and negotiating settlements.
- Party wall matters including advising Clients, serving Party Wall Notices, recording schedules of condition and agreeing and publishing awards.
- Acting as Lead Consultant for various refurbishment projects of both commercial and residential properties. Includes briefing clients, design, coordinating consultants, local authority consultants, specifying, cost advice, tendering, drafting contractual documents ad contract administration.
- Acting as Project Manager, Project Co-ordinator or Employer’s Agent for commercial projects with varying degrees of involvement, including agreeing terms for consultant appointments, advising and preparing contractual documentation, cost advice and general coordination of project teams performance.
- Any other reasonable duties that may be relevant to this post.
The post holder must have Professional Services Experience, for example, party walls and dilapidations.
Training & Development:
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
calfordseaden are an Equal Opportunities Employer and are committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Having fun is an integral part of working for calfordseaden.
That’s why we have our very own Sports and Social Team who arrange events and activities that bring the whole company together. In addition to the annual summer BBQ and Christmas party, the team has also arranged theatre trips, restaurant events and for the more active among us, activities such as go-karting, snowboarding and even bubble football! We also hold regular office charity events, so you can feel good about giving something back whilst having fun!
The biggest event in the calendar by far is our Summer Event. Past years have seen us taking over London Zoo, travelling by Eurostar for lunch in Paris and a day of team building activities followed by an evening of bumper cars and music!
- From 24 days per annum, rising to 30 days depending on length of service
- Excellent contributory pension
- Life Assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Free eye tests
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discretionary company car
- Private medical insurance schemes.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered. At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List 1 or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List 2 (as attached to the application form). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists. Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant’s file.