Are you an experienced Building Surveyor with a good grounding across both project and professional building surveying within the commercial sector? With 2018 still proving to be a strong year in the construction and property industry, take your career to the next level with one of the world's leading real estate and property consultancies in Canary Wharf…
A challenging, rewarding and career enhancing opportunity has arisen for an experienced Chartered Building Surveyor to join a national team of over 200 professionals offering advice to some truly blue chip clients. Joining a highly successful team that smashed their 2017 target by a massive £3m, you will be working with like minded Building Surveyors at the top of their game.
The successful Chartered Building Surveyor will thrive within a close knit team that enjoys a continuous stream of work from a variety of corporate clients. There is a truly collaborative atmosphere in the office with break-out spaces, team working encouraged and close relationships between different divisions.
Responsibilities for the successful Building Surveyor will include:
- Undertaking Building Surveyor's inspections and preparing reports
- Preparing specifications for, and administering, repair and refurbishment contracts
- Preparing and negotiating schedules of dilapidations/preparing exit strategies
- Preparing planned preventative maintenance plans
- Undertaking building reinstatement cost assessments
- Assisting with co-ordination of portfolio instructions and undertaking other duties from time to time as may be reasonably required
- Making sustainable business links with both external and internal clients and offering a professional and excellent client service at all times
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, self-motivated and proactive Building Surveyor who has the ability to work well within a team or equally on their own initiative. In addition, requirements include:
- Must have strong verbal and numerical skills, and be comfortable with report writing
- Requires excellent time management and general organisational skills
- Is required to be flexible and have the ability to work under pressure
- Must be well presented and have excellent communication skills
- MRICS (building surveying) with proven experience, preferably PQE in a commercial consultancy
- Experience of AutoCAD an advantage
- Up to £60,000 basic salary
- Up to £4,250 car allowance
- Generous company pension
- Lucrative performance based bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave + bank holiday
- An extremely pleasant working environment within attractive, modern and open offices
- Fantastic sociable atmosphere with dedicated social events for staff
- Other flexible benefits such as discounted gym memberships and high street discounts
Interested? Apply now with your CV or call Mitchell Barker on 077990 75872 for a confidential discussion about your career options.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.