Senior Contracts Engineer – Mixed Use - Karachi
Our client is a multinational consultancy; they have an urgent requirement for a Senior Contracts Engineer to join their team on a large mixed use project in Karachi, Pakistan. Ideal candidates will have extensive heavy construction experience and will have managed complex contracts of high rise building, infrastructure and utilities projects.
- Review all Agreement Documents to make sure of Contractor Scope of works and its contractual obligations under the subject Agreement
- Prepares necessary documents/reports and analysis related to contractual issues
- Regular visits to the site, in order to follow up the project status and its records.
- Assist Project Team with reviewing, Commenting and responding to Contractor correspondences. Besides advising, in particular, upon any contractual/commercial aspects raised therein.
- Lead negotiation and claims meetings and summarize result after obtaining appropriate confirmations.
- Follows up on the submission by Contractor of all required bank guarantees, warranties, insurances and other specified documentation and verifies their acceptability to Client.
- Reviews all projects documentation/correspondence to identify any contractual or commercial implications that may impact adversely upon Client’s interest.
- Study, evaluate and advise on claims made by Contractor in light of contractual obligations and in conjunction with the technical input from the Project Team.
- Prepare an appropriate strategy for extinguishing or initiating the cost/schedule impact of such claims for approval by Company.
- Complete final settlement and close-out of the contract.
- Senior Contracts Engineer shall be an Engineer by qualification
- Bachelors of Civil Engineering degree from a recognized University with Professional qualification carrying valid Professional membership of PEC and/or International equivalent membership
- Minimum  years of relevant foreign and local work experience of administrating, managing, and handling complex contracts of High Rise Building Projects and Infrastructure & Utilities projects of master planned communities.