Senior Building Surveyor
Senior Building Surveyor
Great Yarmouth Norse are seeking an experienced Senior Building Surveyor to assist in the successful implementation and delivery of professional and contract building surveying within GYN.
As Senior Building Surveyor, working across the joint venture you will be responsible for delivering services for investment and occupational purposes through the completion of a range of building surveying instructions. You will take responsibility for the management of client and project teams to deliver building-surveying services profitably, on schedule and to an agreed quality standard.
- Have building pathology and construction technology skills for defect analysis and remediation works with knowledge of construction and working in urban and rural locations.
- Prepare project designs, specifications, estimates and schedules of work necessary for major repair activities, house refurbishment and major component replacement and neighbourhood improvement programmes.
- Collate project documentation providing advice on the appointment of Contractors, Designers, Specialist Consultants and use of specialist Procurement Methods.
- Administrate and manage contracts, and the supervision of contractors on new build, maintenance and major refurbishment projects.
- Deliver all works in accordance with Health & Safety Legislation, including Construction Design and Management Regulations obtaining statutory approvals where required.
- Contribute to the operation and development of BM Systems and ensure the continuous improvement of quality assured services and products for clients.
- Plan, scope and deliver a range of projects, individually and as part of multi-disciplinary teams producing performance reports as required by the Senior Management Team, Joint Venture partners and other key stakeholders.
- Monitor specialist consultants and contractors.
- Contribute to designing, developing and implementing annual work programmes alongside relevant stakeholders.
- Build and develop proactive relationships with tenant representatives encouraging customer involvement and active engagement to shape the future delivery of agile services.
- Have responsibility for employee engagement and communication processes across service areas for all stakeholders and successful leadership of any change management initiatives.
Our Successful Candidate
- Chartered Member of RICS
- Further education qualification in Building Surveying BTEC, HNC, HND, Degree or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in asset management or maintenance with experience of improving and developing property or asset related services.
- Concise knowledge of Health and Safety legislation including CDM and HHSRS.
- Good understanding of IT and project management systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to empower and motivate others.
Please read the attached job description and person specification to ensure you meet the criteria for the role before applying.
Apply for Senior Building Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly