Commercial Assistant - Partnerships - Site Based (Oaklands)
Galliford Try is a leading UK Housebuilding and Construction group. The business is split into three distinct divisions, Construction, Housebuilding and Partnerships, covering a range of specialist work in affordable housing, commercial, custodial, education, health, interiors and leisure, across both public and private sectors. Listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 250. Our vision is to be leaders in the construction of a sustainable future.
The Partnerships Division:
Partnerships is a specialist affordable housing contractor, with a strong business in the south and north east and a growing presence elsewhere. A strong track record of delivering award-winning regeneration schemes.
We are currently seeking a Commercial Assistant to provide support to our Commercial project team in the form of admin support – primarily focused on Oracle and Document control.
The job responsibilities and the position to whom the job holder reports may vary from time to time. Consequently, the job responsibilities will include but may not be limited to any or all the following as required:
- Contingent workers – ensure all relevant paperwork and payments are maintained.
- New subcontractor accounts – Set up forms and information required on oracle.
- Sundry payments / cheques.
- Subcontractor AFP’s - Scanning and saving into relevant folders.
- Running of monthly cost and subcontractor reports from oracle.
- Collating meter readings for site utilities and checking bills for payments.
- Maintain subcontractor and consultant database.
- Collate HSE statistics
We seeking a strong administrator, preferably with experience or exposure to the construction industry or a desire to pursue a career within the commercial function.
- Ability to work under pressure, managing conflicting demands
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of other databases and Oracle preferable
- Ability to successfully engage with a wide range of stakeholders
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you.
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
- 28 days holiday entitlement (plus Bank Holidays)
- Childcare vouchers
- Flexible work arrangements for parents/carers
- Corporate discounts – offering a wide choice of discounted vouchers and services
- Long service awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Save as You Earn - enables you to save on concessionary tax-free terms.
- Car/car allowance
- Bonus schemes
- Group “Stakeholder” pension plan for all salaried employees
- Private medical scheme options available for all salaried employees
- Employee assistance programme – free 24/7 lifestyle support service
- Life assurance scheme
- Sickness benefits
- Professional body membership fee paid
- Tailored training and development led by recognised industry bodies
Apply for Commercial Assistant - Partnerships - Site Based (Oaklands)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly