Commercial Lead - Bristol
We are one of the UK’s leading housebuilding and construction groups. For 100 years, Galliford Try has helped to shape the world around us and today we are at the forefront of the construction industry with approximately 5,550 employees working on a huge range of housebuilding and construction projects. As a FTSE 250 listed UK business, our focus is on delivering first class business solutions and building long-term relationships with our customers, employees, supply chain and communities we work in. Our involvement in some of the UK's most high profile and innovative projects ensures our employees benefit from unrivalled opportunities and career progression.
Partnerships & Regeneration
Partnerships represents a fusion of contracting, housing and mixed-use regeneration expertise. We undertake design and build contracting, mixed tenure and speculative development, estate regeneration and property support services nationwide. We work in collaborative long-term arrangements with Registered Providers, Local Authorities and other stakeholders to build high quality housing and sustainable communities.
The role of Commercial Lead requires an experienced professional with substantial experience at a Senior level within a QS or Commercial function. Additionally, the successful candidate will have experience working on mixed use residential developments.
- Maximise recovery through Clients and Subcontractors accounts.
- Optimise cash flow through external valuations and control of subcontractor accounts.
- Provide assistance to Financial Department in the recovery of outstanding monies.
- Monitor and facilitate the recovery of retention and the like.
- Ensure correct contractual procedures are operated for both Main Contracts and Subcontracts.
- Monitor that subcontract conditions are ‘Back to Back’ with main contract conditions or with maximum risk transfer.
- Provide pre-contract advice to Estimating Department related to amended Terms and Conditions of Main contracts and resource availability for forward workload
- Claims preparation and recovery
- Provide monthly Cost Value Reports and monthly Margin Analysis in conjunction with Line Management
- Forecast Out-turn Margin/Commercial Analysis / programme / progress in conjunction with Line Management and review monthly.
- Forecast contract turnover in conjunction with Line Management and adjust as necessary.
- Motivate, plan, co-ordinate, maintain and develop staff to undertake current and prospective workloads.
- Participate and actively encourage both Company training courses and on the job training.
- Responsibility for RICS / CIOB training requirements with specific responsibility for certain APC candidates.
- Monitor and record individual performances on an ongoing basis together with annual appraisals.
Experience and Qualifications:
- The successful candidate will have experience of working within the Construction industry, specifically on mixed use residential developments including Extra Care.
- Previous experience at Senior or Managing QS or Commercial Manager level is essential for the role. Degree qualified and member of the RICS or IOB (or moving towards professional membership).
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you.
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
- 28 days holiday entitlement (plus Bank Holidays)
- Childcare vouchers
- Flexible work arrangements for parents/carers
- Corporate discounts – offering a wide choice of discounted vouchers and services
- Long service awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Save as You Earn - enables you to save on concessionary tax-free terms.
- Car/car allowance
- Bonus schemes
- Group “Stakeholder” pension plan for all salaried employees
- Private medical scheme options available for all salaried employees
- Employee assistance programme – free 24/7 lifestyle support service
- Life assurance scheme
- Sickness benefits
- Professional body membership fee paid
- Tailored training and development led by recognised industry bodies
Apply for Commercial Lead - Bristol
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly