Principal Estates Surveyor (HE)
Principal Estates Surveyor (HE)
Salary: £47,304.00 - £54,400.00
Highways England are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England’s motorways and major A roads. Over recent years, investment in our highways has increased, this has led to advances in technology, such as smart motorways; enabling traffic to flow better. However, even more is yet to be done. Considering that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
It’s an exciting time to begin a career with Highways England as we invest £11 billion in our motorways and A Roads boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety which is why we’re so grateful to our c 4,500 employees around the country. At the same time, we’ll improve how we work. That means we will be able to; plan roadworks better to minimise disruption; clear incidents more quickly; and save more than £1 billion by working more efficiently. When you work with us, you're helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy.
For further information on Highways England, please visit our website: www.highwaysengland.co.uk
We currently have an opportunity for a Client side Principal Estates Surveyor with a National remit to join our team.
Highways England has a diverse property portfolio (in excess of 1000 assets) extending across England with an operational estate of offices and depots and a let estate of residential, commercial and agricultural property with a rent roll in excess of £3m per annum and annual disposal programme of circa £15m per annum.
The successful candidate will be providing strategic property advice across the Highways England estate, making sure the organisation complies with government property legislation and policy and has an estate of the right size, condition and location and to oversee the management of the Highways England property portfolio.
Day to Day:
- Provide expert advice to Highways England on property management, Landlord/Tenant issues and disposals.
- Provide strategic property advice across the Highways England estate, to make sure the organisation complies with government property legislation and policy and has an estate of the right size, condition and location.
- Provide strategic guidance and support and manage resources, planning, forecasting and conflicting priorities to ensure a positive outcome and VFM on all property transactions.
- Provide effective leadership and guidance on all property matters, mentoring staff and encouraging the development of capabilities to improve business performance through continuous improvement of work methods.
- Manage the activities and performance of the property supply chain, including professional real estate advisors, solicitors, and other service providers.
- Establish and maintain proactive business inputs to deliver informed reporting and accurate transactions to agreed deadlines.
- Qualified Chartered Surveyor with relevant experience in rural & residential property management.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of implementing estates/property strategy; property management; and landlord and tenants matters.
- Experience of managing people successfully, enhancing their capability and focusing on effectiveness.
- Experience of project and contract/supplier management with property consultants and legal advisors.
- Evidence of successfully delivering Estates projects to time.
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application. You’re also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
All candidates will be required to provide valid proof of Right to Work in the UK and ID at interview.
Closing date: 22 May 2018 at 10:59 pm.
We’re expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible
Help keep England moving. We look forward to hearing from you.