Fixed Term f/t (37.5 hrs pw to 05/07/19)
Join our amazing team in West Oxfordshire and experience a place for every, for everyone!
The National Trust’s strategy includes plans to invest over £1bn in conservation over the next 10 years. To make that a reality we need experienced and passionate building professionals who are able to bring their very best to some of the most important historic buildings in England. It’s about being part of something different, where cause matters most, and where our decisions are always based on long term, forever, for everyone.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract due to am employee going on maternity leave.
What it's like to work here
Our West Oxfordshire portfolio includes mansions such as Ashdown House, Chastleton House and Buscot Park; a large agricultural estate, and a significant residential let estate including the two historic villages of Buscot and Coleshill which form one of the National Trust’s most valuable single let estate income streams. – This post will be based out of our Saunderton Hub although the successful candidate will work regularly from the Coleshill Estate Office, working alongside their conservation and property colleagues.
We are happy to discuss flexibility of hours and working patterns and the possibility of part-time working to accommodate you where necessary.
What you'll be doing
We are looking for a Building Surveyor to bring technical excellence to the conservation and maintenance in the West Oxfordshire portfolio. You’ll focus on the delivery of:
- Reactive work (e.g. damp investigation, timber repairs),
- Cyclical maintenance (e.g. external decorations and fixed wire testing),
- Conservation backlog (e.g. completing Quinquennial surveys, condition surveys),
- Building services, primarily at mansion/larger properties (e.g. upgrading power, data and sewage systems),
- Energy reduction (e.g. thermal improvements),
- Residential property refurbishment (e.g. let estate, staff accommodation, holiday cottages).
In collaboration collaborating with the Senior Building Surveyor and Estate Management colleagues you will be working closely with the General Manager in the strategic planning of projects and maintenance spend. We can offer an exciting role where you can make a real difference working on some of England’s finest buildings, extensive let estate and vernacular buildings alongside a dedicated team of multi-disciplinary consultants. We can also offer one of the best training and CPD packages in the sector, and while this is a full time role we are happy to discuss flexible working patterns.
Who we're looking for
You will need to have:
- You’ll have a current RICS or CIOB membership
- A passion for building surveying within a heritage and conservation organisation
- Robust knowledge of building conservation, from asset management to contract management, procurement, to maintenance and repair
- Experience of delivering projects in a multi-disciplinary environment
- A clear client focus and excellent client relationship management skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- The ability to work and effectively manage your time across a busy and complex portfolio
Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Closing Date: 21 May 2018
For more information and to apply, please click Apply