Our Oxford office has an opportunity for a Rural Surveyor to join the current 14 strong team and assist the rural partners across a broad range of rural management portfolios and estates, professional consultancy and valuation matters. This is an excellent chance to identify and develop new business opportunities, ultimately creating your own identity and building a stand-alone fee earning role as your experience and contacts grow, acting as a foundation for future career growth.
Location: Oxford, Summertown
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Working Hours: Full Time
Closing Date: 30/06/2018
Ref No: 411
- Acting as lead surveyor in the day to day management of a portfolio of rural estates, farms and associated properties, including agricultural and residential tenancies, including some commercial lets, sporting and forestry interests
- Professional consultancy, including landlord and tenant matters, estate and farm reviews, acquisition advice and valuation advice
- To develop renewables and agri-environmental schemes as an area of future business growth
- Pro-actively participate in the development of a strong team.
- Actively assist in the development and implementation of efficient, ‘best practice’ internal systems and processes, optimising IT and other resources.
- Strategically work with other departments in this multi-disciplined 100 strong office to develop new fee earning opportunities, cross-selling your services to colleagues clients and vice versa, maintaining consistency and efficiency.
NB.This job description is not exhaustive and the jobholder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the department.
Skills & Experience required:
- RICS Qualified
- 0-3 years experience post Qualification
- Prior experience in the management of estates, farms and diverse rural properties
- Registered Valuer or experience in rural valuations
- Excellent team orientated interpersonal skills and experience of communicating effectively with both colleagues and clients
- Good negotiating and presentational skills
- The ability to multi-task effectively to meet deadlines
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Behaviours & Attitude:
- A professional outlook with regard to appearance, behaviour and attitude
- Enthusiasm and drive with a desire to broaden knowledge and experience
- An interest in strategic business and people management
- Ability to work independently on a regular basis
- Enjoys taking the initiative in a confident and personable manner
- Tackles tasks with common sense and enthusiasm
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment where flexibility is essential
- A strong communicator who has a professional, supportive and open approach to handling staff and clients
Our Firm’s Values:
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm