South East, GU11 2PW
As an expanding business with an increasing presence in our industry, we now have an opening for a Quantity Surveyor. We are a specialist contractor to the water industry, currently holding 5 and 10-year framework contracts covering 75% of the UK with 15 of the UK's leading water companies as well as the Environment Agency. Whilst our core business is the refurbishment of potable water storage reservoirs and water towers, we have recently constructed our first new-build reservoir. As a growing business with a sustainable and achievable growth strategy, this is an exciting time for us. If you see yourself working for a company that engages, develops and rewards its people, Stonbury could be just the place for you.
Reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor, the post-holder will be responsible for receiving, processing and submitting framework and bespoke pricing schedules and tenders, managing all commercial aspects of ongoing projects and assisting with the company’s month-end accounting processes. People with wide experience of both estimating and quantity surveying within the construction industry would be considered ideal for this position. This Quantity Surveyor role will be based from our Aldershot office with a view to move to Horsham or Crawley. You will cover a large geographical area of the South of England.
- Ideally a relevant degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- Ideally experience of working to NEC frameworks, although JCT experience will be considered
- Strong understanding of civil engineering delivery is desirable, wider construction experience will be considered
- Strong contract negotiation and administration
- Excellent communication at all levels
- Ability to maintain order book turnover and gross margin projections
- Full driving licence
- Generous rewards initiatives
- 24 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays (with an option to buy 5 extra days)
- Company car or car allowance
- 6% employer pension contribution
- Optional private health insurance
- Life assurance (3 x salary)
- Eye care scheme
- Tech voucher scheme
- Access to hundreds of retail and travel discounts via Stonbury Salary Extras
- A social committee, giving you the opportunity to attend thrilling experience days and trips to sporting activities
- Opportunities for job-specific training
This position is currently based in Aldershot with a view to relocate to the Horsham or Crawley area.
The Talent Acquisition Team will be processing CVs as they are received, so please apply as soon as possible to ensure you are considered.