Property Surveyor x2
Property Surveyor x2
SALARY BAND: £42,414 - £49,969 pa plus HCAS
DIVISION: Corporate – Capital and Estates
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust is the 6th largest trust in the UK, delivering care to more than 1.6 million patients each year through three main acute hospitals; Barnet, Chase Farm and the Royal Free, as well as more than 30 locations in the community, including the operation of services from Finchley Memorial Hospital and from Edgware Community Hospital. We have about 10,000 staff and our annual turnover is £924m.
As the Royal Free are progressing with the development of the Group Model there is a need for the prospective surveyor to be adaptable and flexible to manage an increasing number of sites.
- Contribute to the efficient operation of the estate to maximise value and utilization by actively managing all aspects of the property portfolio, designing and implementing property management systems and ensuring the coordinated approach to property management
- Appoint and manage appropriate property and legal consultants to ensure the delivery of an efficient, timely and professional property management service always.
- Professionally manage all leases & licences entered by the Trust whether as landlord or tenant
- Develop and publish property performance metrics for space utilisation, patient satisfaction, activity and value delivered from estate
- Manage appropriate resources to develop and maintain a comprehensive categorised estate terrier
- Develop and maintain a full-service charge and rent payment schedule for all properties where Trust is landlord or tenant; ensure all relevant notices are served in the appropriate form and on time to minimise expenditure and maximise income
- Manage resources to deliver regular space utilization, demand and capacity audits.
- Facilitate the ongoing review, development and regular publication of the Trust Estate Strategy.
- Engage with local stakeholders in matters of property and land asset management staying up to date knowledge of current property trends and developments to make key strategic decision making.
- Manage the space planning function including production of options appraisals built on analysis and challenge of space requirements and programming implications
- Maintain strong relationships with staff and tenants to understand/challenge requirements and monitor cost, quality and programme
- Assist the Deputy Director - Property in developing the trust’s Space
- Assist Trust Finance team in the implementation of Space Charging on a departmental level, aligned with the development of a process to manage the hand back and redistribution of space because of Space Charging.
- MRICS qualified or equivalent
- Property management and space planning background
- Confident and logical thinker and the ability to undertake long periods of intense concentration.
- Personal drive and ambition to improve personal and team performance
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Ability to lead and work as a team player in a flexible environment
- Commercially aware
- Good listener; understand requirements in the context of service priorities and can clearly articulate the client vision and solution
- Ability to communicate effectively at both a high political level and practical operational level including evidence of influencer behaviours
- Excel and financial modelling awareness
- Complex report writing skills
For further information and details on how to apply, please press the 'Apply' button below.