Chartered Building Surveyor
Murphy Surveys are expanding our service offering to our clients to include Building Surveying and project management to complement to our existing service offering.
We are seeking an experienced Chartered Building Surveyor to self-manage, under the direction of senior management, our new building surveying offering. The role is diverse and intense with a requirement for involvement in a wide range of areas such as business development, project management, leading and directing both technical and quality, together with managing a team as the service expands. You will be expected to oversee and advise on projects ranging from small-scale domestic to large commercial projects throughout Ireland.
This role offers the opportunity to relocate to Dublin area as part of Murphy Surveys expansion in Ireland. Our new space is next to the Luas Red Line, with easy access to the city centre. Travel may be required in and around the country, as and where projects arise.
- High standard of customer service
- A BSc in Building Surveying or relevant qualification of similar level
- 5+ years’ experience in the management of projects, delivering a client focused service
- Competence in, but not limited to; all aspects of building surveying, including construction standards, building law, code[s] development and legislation, fire safety, accessibility, the BCAR process, Assigned/Design Certifier, technical due diligence reporting, building inspections, condition surveys, planned [preventative] maintenance, defect[s] analysis and dilapidation reporting
- Good problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Good communication skills & team player
- Chartered Status or be close to achieving chartered status – MRICS, MSCIS, CIOB
- Full, clean, drivers Licence