Project Manager / Assistant Development Manager
Project Manager/Assistant Development Manager
Northumberland Estates is a major forward thinking property management and development business and is seeking an ambitious project manager/development manager to help drive growth across a variety of sectors in the UK.
To work as part of the Planning and Development team, providing high calibre project management services across a range of residential commercial and retail developments. Primary role is to service current workload, including investment led refurbishment and added value schemes across residential, retail and industrial asset classes.
- Project management services on office, retail, residential (and other) refurbishment, alteration and fit-out projects on schemes from £50,000 to £1.5m
- Contract Administration and Employer’s Agent Role
- Ability to drive projects from concept through to completed developments
- Enhance Northumberland Estates service offering for project control and delivery
- Good working knowledge of key JCT contracts, including experience in contractual issues such as extension of time, loss and expense claims
- Working knowledge of statutory approvals, legal documentation, insurance, warranties and H&S matters in relation to construction contracts
- Undertake feasibility studies in conjunction with the Planning and Commercial teams to determine potential development and investment opportunities.
- Working towards or MRICS qualified ideally from a Building Surveying /Quantity Surveying or Project Management background
- Relevant track record.
- Building strong relationships with internal teams, supply chain and JV partners to deliver positive outcomes
Skills and behaviour
- Confident communicator both verbally and in writing
- Able to lead small project teams
- Excellent records management and IT skills
- Commercially driven
- Comfortable as the key client contact for each project
- Must be a positive team player but able to work independently