Position: Full time & permanent
Salary: up to circa £50,000 per annum
Based: Pity Me, Durham.
At Northumbrian Water, our focus is on becoming the national leader in water and waste water services, providing our 4.5 million customers with an experience that’s unrivalled in our sector and beyond. That’s an ambitious target and we rely on everyone in the company to help us achieve it.
With so much focus placed on delivering great customer service, we’re looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual who can balance the people skills we expect with the professional skills we require. So if you are a qualified Chartered Surveyor with great negotiation skills and experience of land entry, compensation matters and acquisitions, then we want to hear from you.
This is a varied and challenging role. You will be joining a professional and customer-focused team that supports all of Northumbrian Water’s operational activities, including its land management and capital programme.
To be successful, you’ll need to demonstrate the following:
- MRICS rural, with a minimum of two years relevant post-qualification experience and appropriate technical competencies.
- Excellent negotiation skills and stakeholder management, able to build effective internal and external relationships using intelligent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong communication skills, able to exchange information clearly and concisely with your team, your customers and your stakeholders, checking understanding and promoting an open and honest working environment.
- Effective people management, working closely with others to deliver real business results.
- Experience of budget management
- Highly organised; able to plan and organise both your own time and others’ to meet tight deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable; able to use your initiative to deliver great results in a fast-moving, reactive environment
We offer a great package
- Coaching, training and one to one development to reach your full potential
- A great reward package including:
- Competitive Salary
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Flexible benefits - building your own package
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Opportunity to work with some great people
Key dates for your diary
- Closing date for applications: Midnight 12 August 2018
- Interviews will take place: TBC
Want to know more? Contact the recruitment team
Ready to join the team? Apply online with your CV