Capa are seeking an accomplished ‘all-rounder’ in retail property covering agency, professional and management work. This will be 100% tenant focused across a portfolio of leasehold shops in high street and shopping centre environments.
Capa is a 14 year old privately owned commercial property consultancy operating out of London and Glasgow. It is the recognised ‘go-to’ for cost reduction and recoveries, achieved through a variety of services including lease-restructuring, downsizing and historic audit. The clientele is 100% tenant-based with a bias towards retail and leisure. Hence the business also appeals to banks, debt purchasers and insolvency specialists.
Capa either works on a fully outsourced retained basis or on specific small shorter term projects. Rewards tend to be success-related i.e contingency which is one of it’s main differentials with competitors.
- The candidate will be well versed in dealing with multiple retail leases and negotiating with landlords.
- Circa 50% of time will be aligned to management tasks – essentially acting as the linchpin between retailer and landlord on a nationwide portfolio of leasehold shops. Hence there will be regular dialogue with it’s landlords, solicitors and building/maintenance advisors.
- There will also be a regular flow of rent reviews, lease renewals and re-gears to undertake with occasional assignments/surrenders.
- The candidate need not be London based, albeit would attend meetings there periodically. A certain amount of flexibility can be built into the position including working from home.
- High job security - given the current economic backdrop and sector activity Capa’s services are in high demand and growing.
- Being a real growth area the candidate will quickly gain recognition and an enhanced reputation.
- The candidate will enjoy Flexible working in terms of days/hours and location.
- Staff say they appreciate the less formal approach to business and enjoy the relaxed/happy atmosphere.
- Clients say they appreciate the passion, drive and results.
- Candidate’s remuneration will comprise a base salary together with a ‘fee-share’.
For further details, please contact Mike Sheath on 0207 224 7222 / 07770 872444 or send your CV across by clicking the apply button.