Planning - All Levels
Strutt & Parker is one of the UK’s leading multi-disciplined property firms with a 125 year history of providing diligent, intelligent and creative advice to clients. A superb opportunity has arisen for a commercially astute planner to join our Development & Planning Team based in our Oxford office. The team have been successfully building their business around working on residential and mixed use development schemes across the region.
This role will focus on providing sound planning advice to the firm’s landowning and developer clients, particularly within the residential sector. In accordance with the RTPI Code of Professional Conduct, the job entails providing professional advice and acting in the best interests of clients with regards to all planning matters.
· Assist the team in dealing with the planning issues arising from the firm’s portfolio of clients including residential, mixed use and rural opportunities within central region of the country.
· Create and develop strong, effective relationships with existing clients and other potential sources of business on behalf of the firm.
· Preparation, submission and negotiation of planning applications and appeals.
· Undertake research and site appraisals identifying planning issues and opportunities.
· Assist in the promotion of development opportunities through the Local Development Framework including the submission of representations.
· Co-ordinate project teams and project management.
· Maintain awareness of market conditions and to keep fully informed about latest government planning policies and practice.
· Provide ad-hoc town planning advice to clients and fellow professional colleagues as and when instructed.
· Contributing positively to the overall development of Strutt & Parker, including cross referrals to other departments, marketing, establishing and developing relationships with existing and new clients and the overall management of the Partnership.
Skills & qualifications
· A Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
· Ideally with a strong Policy background.
· Operating within a consultancy or within local government.
· Can deliver an excellent level of service to clients at all times.
· Strong project management skills.
· Excellent written and communication skills.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and the Stonewall Equality Index.