Senior Quantity Surveyor
Sir Robert McAlpine is a UK-based family-owned building and civil engineering company. Established in 1869, we have been a ubiquitous construction leader over two centuries. We are honoured to have worked on some of Britain's most iconic buildings and projects.
The values at the heart of our operations include a commitment to the highest standards of safety, quality, engineering excellence, sustainability, and an unswerving focus on the needs and aspirations of our clients.
Our aim is to make a positive impact on the communities and the environment in which we operate.
We believe being inclusive and nurturing a diversity of talent and skills will help us to continue our rich legacy of technical excellence to proudly build Britain's future heritage.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Southern Region working on Bournemouth and Poole hospital project. There are several both major and minor works required to deliver this vision. These include transferring maternity to Bournemouth, creating Urgent care at Bournemouth and Poole, additional theatre capacity at Poole and significant ward refurbishment and remodelling work.
Accountable for a range of commercial responsibilities including measurement, contract administration, record keeping, maintaining key schedules for information and procurement, tendering, placement and management of subcontract works packages throughout the project pre-construction phase.
Subsequent onus through to final account conclusion, preparation of internal and external valuations, Final Accounts, Cost Value Reconciliations, Change Management and the valuation of variations, and cash collection, along with input into the risk and opportunity registers.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Minimise risk, maximise opportunity, minimise cost and maximise value
- Work within a team and provide support to the commercial lead
- Subcontract commercial management from order through to final account
- Administration of contract commercial requirements including valuation, final account, change management, variation and Compensation
- Accurate cost checking and cost management including the cost checking and analysis of labour, plant and materials
What qualifications are essential?
- BSc Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management
- Relevant Construction Skills Certification Card
What qualifications are desirable?
- Further associated degree/masters' qualification
- Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
- Member of Chartered Institute of Building
- Member of Institute of Chartered Engineers
What's in it for you?
With an industry-leading package and exceptional training, this is your chance to develop an exciting and varied career path in a family-owned company which treats its people with courtesy and respect. We offer excellent benefits for our employees including a Contributory Pension and Life Assurance Scheme, discounted gym membership, staff discounts, 25 days holiday per year, Cycle to Work Scheme, private healthcare, childcare vouchers and an Employee Assistance Programme.
Sir Robert McAlpine Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.